Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

Hi Y'all! I have had posts swarming around in my head since Sunday but just haven't had a chance to sit down and write. I will probably have two posts about MS as a result.

Last Saturday, Jace and I went off the grid and got out of the city and drove 100 miles to Natchez, MS. Dana and Rickey had visited there and they loved it. The drive out there was so nice. Our drive was on the Natchez Trace which runs from Nashville to Natchez. When we go on trips it isn't all about the destination, it is more about the uninterrupted time we can spend catching up. Same was true for this drive.

Saturday was a big day in Natchez because it was the annual hot air balloon race. When we arrived, you could smell the fair food and a few balloons were filling up. 


We were right next to the MS river and started to make our way to some old historic homes. We toured the nearby city blocks and went into a few shops. In one of the shops we stopped in, they had smocked dresses. Now we all know little Southern girls need smocked dresses. I just about DIED when I saw the price tags on those dresses. They were darlin' but outrageous. I need to start saving now!

After some window shopping and wishful thinking, we made our way to the historic homes. We toured a lot of homes, here are a few:


This is our new residence. I will send y'all the address soon!

After taking in the sites, we decided to head back to Jackson and forego the balloon race. We wanted to get back and spend some time with our friends. Bo and Lane texted us earlier on Saturday and invited us over to watch the MS State football game with Will, Haley, Emily, and Chris along with a few others.

The girls are so sweet because they make an effort every time I am in town for us to get together. We got there around 6 PM and it was the most perfect night. It was the type of party where the wives go to one end and the husbands go to the other end of the room and everyone is happy. The boys were busy watching State, UK, and whoever else was playing on ESPN. Whereas, us ladies huddled up together next to the guacamole and quickly got caught up with each other.

I know I have bragged about these girls before but I just love them--I can't help it! They validate all the emotions I feel about law school, our future, career choices, and life in general. We are all in the same boat and it was wonderful to cut lose with the girls for one night.

Me, Lane, Haley, and Emily
Honey, we had some laughs like we always do. But I think it was Will Morgan who laughed the most! He would stomp his feet when he got tickled and that would only make me laugh harder. The entire group is just a ball of fun and I only wish we could be together more.

Here are a few pictures from Saturday night:

Love him!
 




The real entertainment Saturday night wasn't belly laughs with friends or watching good football games. It was two beautiful Basset Hounds, Charlotte and Murray. Two babies that got a ton of lovin' from all of us!




It did my soul good to get away for a whole day with Jace and to top the night off with friends was icing on the cake. MS has been a huge part of our lives for 3 years now and it is always a joy to go down to the 'sip!

No comments:

Post a Comment