Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall in KY

This past week I have been busy traveling but in my travels I have had a chance to soak up a little of Kentucky's beautiful landscape. I know everyone says Fall is their favorite season but this time of year really is magical in Kentucky. The trees are really starting to turn, pumpkins are everywhere, mums are blooming, the skies are a clear blue, and there is a slight chill in the air.

To experience these things on the ground is one thing but when I flew back into Lexington on Wednesday, I got to see all of God's beauty from an aerial view. We flew right over the iconic horse farms and while the sun was setting, I could see the perfectly manicured horse pastures with horses grazing inside the rows and rows of white painted fences. Kentucky really is God's country and He has blessed this Commonwealth.

Today, I had another chance to soak up God's beauty of this wonderful season. I travelled to Breathitt Co. and helped audit the county's programs. Breathitt Co. is in Eastern Kentucky and to see the red, yellow, orange, and green leaves in the mountainside was breathtaking. I may be a Western Kentucky girl but I do love the mountains, especially this time of year.

I am doing my best to soak up this season, everything from the chilly air, changing colors, and blue skies. This time next year we may be in Florida with 80 degree weather in October. That may sound nice some days but we realize that Florida only has one real season, summer. There will be no changing colors, beautiful mountains, or horse farms as pristine as the ones in Kentucky. Yet, no matter where we live, Jace and I will always consider Kentucky our ol' Kentucky Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment