Friday, October 19, 2012

Engagement shoot

Yesterday was our engagement shoot! I was excited, somewhat nervous, and anxious to see how it would go.

When we got to Robby's studio, he made us feel very comfortable and asked what we wanted out of our pictures. We knew we wanted to capture Mississippi. Even though law school is demanding, hard, and intense, Jace and I both love Mississippi and want to remember this time in our lives. We wanted our pictures to bring out the best of the South. Robby picked up on this right away and we went downtown Jackson to City Hall. Honey, think the South--magnolia trees and big white columns. This was the location for our more formal pictures. It was four in the afternoon and sun was perfect.

Our next location was shot on a wooded hill on Mississippi College's campus. We had on more casual clothes and the sun was setting. I felt most comfortable in these shots mainly because I was out of my heels! Jace wore his UK needlepoint belt and I educated Robby about this Kentucky tradition. I told him if a girl gives a boy a needlepoint belt it is equivalent to a promise ring. Now, Jace has two belts and I have one diamond! HA!

I am not going to lie, it took some time for me to warm up to the camera because it has been so long since I had professional pictures taken. Jace and I did plenty of laughing during the session and we talked quite a bit when Robby was in the distance shooting.

Now comes the hard part...waiting! Robby will have the pictures ready in about 4 weeks! Between now and then he will reduce the 1200 (yes 1200) shots he took down to about 75-150. He will pick his top 5 and we will receive those. Then we can order as many as we would like.  Can't wait!

Here is a link to Robby's blog if you want to check out his awesome work http://blog.followellfotography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment