Monday, October 8, 2012

AL

I am writing this post in a hotel room overlooking the bay of Mobile. The water is blue, the sun is out, and it sure doesn't feel like Fall. I am attending the Epsilon Sigma Phi conference which is a leadership/professional development conference for Extension agents. This my first time to attend and also my first time spent in Mobile.

We flew down yesterday and I love the feeling of the plane taking off. With engines roaring, gravity holding you back in your seat, and the momentum gaining, I know I am getting the chance to explore some place new and hopefully exciting. For me, it is something about taking off and being in the clouds that allows my brain to go into vacation mode and I stop thinking about the worries/stresses that are in KY. No matter if it is business or pleasure, it helps to get away from it all.

One thing about being in Mobile is that Jace and I are on the same time zone. It feels so weird not to be converting and we still haven't adjusted to it. By the time we do adjust, I will fly back. The scary part is Jace and I are only about 3 to 3 1/2 hours apart right now. I say scary because it wouldn't take much for me to rent a car and go see him right now. Or maybe he should come pick me up in Mobile and we head to Gulf Shores together? Wishful thinking, I know.

We come home on Wednesday and then I turn around a week from Wednesday and take a real vacation. My own official Fall break. Only this time I am flying to the 'sip. I don't know who needs to see the other more, Jace or I? Jace has needed a break since shortly after school started and we are going to spend some much needed couple time together.

Hope you're having a good week! Safe travels to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment