Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blessed

Saturday night in Jackson was the best time I have had in a while. But it was the little moments with Jace that really made my trip.

I landed in Jackson last Wednesday around dinner time and was starving from a day of traveling, so we started making dinner right away. We had a gourmet dinner of spaghetti and meatballs and garlic cheese bread. It tasted so good to the both of us. The food was great but the company was even better. I can't tell you what it meant to Jace and I to sit next to one another, share a meal together, and talk. The feeling of "finally", finally we are together. We dream of sharing meals together when we are apart and last Wednesday's dinner was such a refreshing feeling.

Then on Friday we went on a date, the first one in six weeks. I think I will always get excited about going on a date with Jace! Our dinner conversation revolved around Jace's work. I clearly am not an attorney and have no desire to be but I do care about Jace's day and want to know a little about what he does. He has to water down what he does so I can understand and even then I get confused. After about 30 minutes of listening to the demands of his day, it just broke my heart. I hear him after work and school but I never see him after the end of a long day. He was completely worn out mentally and physically. It took everything I had to keep the tears back but I let them fall when we got home. Y'all it was the nasty, NASTY cry. You know the mascara-on-his-shirt-kind-of-cry. I cried because he is so exhausted and there is nothing that I can do to make it better and also because I am a girl and sometimes we just have to have a good long cry. The cry is for a variety of reasons and I had been holding that cry is for quite some time, it just so happened to come out last Friday. Sweet Jace, just held me and let me get every bit of my makeup on his white shirt.

You see, this is a big deal. When I have a breakdown or just a crappy day, we deal with it over Skype or the phone but rarely in person. I dry my own tears and pick myself back up after I end the phone call or shut the computer down. Not this time. As upset as I was, I was also thankful because I could cry on his shoulder and be held. I stayed on that shoulder for quite a while and he let me get it all out. It was a sweet moment even if I did dirty up that shirt.

Other sweet moments Jace and I shared where times when we would tell each other something and it would be followed by " I have been meaning to tell you that a for two weeks now!" We talk every second we can each day but we rarely get long enough moments where we can really talk and catch up. But there were other moments when we were silent and just held hands. Sometimes the silent moments are the sweetest moments.

These are just a few reasons why I love Jace. He loves me at my best and worst, in big moments and little moments, in silent moments and everything in between. I am one blessed girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment