Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wedding Update

Hey Y'all! Wanting to know the latest wedding update? Are you losing sleep wondering what is the latest thing off the wedding to-do list? No worries, here is a full recap from this past week.

Last Friday, Mom, Dana, and I met with Sara, our florist. Sara is a dear family friend and girlfriend can make an arrangement! Our meeting with Sara was probably one the most intense wedding meetings because it was non stop decision making for 2 hours. I came prepared with a packet of pictures from Pinterest but there was still so much that I hadn't thought about. We discussed rehearsal dinner arrangements, my bouquet, boutonnieres, matron of honor bouquets, mothers and grandmothers' nosegays, ceremony arrangement, reception arrangement, bistro table arrangements, wedding cake flowers, etc. A majority of the flowers will be hydrangeas and a few peonies and I can't wait to see it all come together on Aug. 3. What I can wait for is the bill! Lord have Mercy on that day!

Immediately following the florist meeting, Mom and I met with the sweet ladies that are throwing Jace and I a shower. We picked a date and I got their input on a few things. So blessed to have people helping us celebrate our big day.

This weekend, Mom and I started making a list of things we need from Hobby Lobby/Michaels. Thank you Lord for coupons! I will be buying what seems to be 1000 yards of ivory satin ribbon and at least 100 gold chargers! After the wedding, guess what I will be giving as Christmas gifts? Gold chargers!

Then today, Dana, booked our honeymoon! We are going to San Fransisco for 3 nights and Monterrey for 3 nights. I asked Dana if we could go right now? This news was exactly what Jace and I needed to hear today and lifted our spirits! 10 months from tomorrow people!

I hope you are enjoying your Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    You guys will love San Fran! Kirk and I went there on our honeymoon and we can't wait to go back. We didn't need a car. The transit there is amazing. We did a lot of walking too! It was definitely one of my top places, if not the top, that I have been! It's so artsy and the weather was great. I never felt scared walking around. We even rode bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge! That is a story in itself so I will have to tell you sometime about it. But you are going to LOVE it there! :)

    ReplyDelete