Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weekend Recap

Hey Y'all. So much to tell you, so be watching for numerous blog posts this week!

Y'all this weekend was like a mini-vacation and I feel rested and rejuvenated. I got home Friday and visited with Mom. We talked wedding. She had questions, I had questions, and we figured out a few answers. Lord, we are already planning the breakfast menu the day of the wedding. Keith women plan and are organized and Aug. 3, 2013 will be no different! We had a wonderful dinner at home and then picked up Doris, a dear family friend, and had dessert at Chow 45. We all got something different and I think we all agreed the chocolate chip bread pudding was the best. By the time we finished dessert, Jace was in Graves County! He stopped over later Friday night and presented me with this little number!


My ring had to be sized down a whole size and I departed with it after our vacation in Seaside. It had been at least 3 weeks without my ring and wouldn't you know it, I saw everyone, their mother, and their dog during that time. Needless to say, I am happy to have it back.

Saturday I was busy as a bee. Pup had a day at the spa. She got a mani/pedi and a shampoo. Most women love this but poor pup is scared to death. It kills me to leave her but I consider it training for when my babies go to Kindergarten. While pup was at the doggy spa, I visited with my MeMaw. She was watching Bonanza and my Uncle Jim told me that she loves it. Now I have to be honest. I had no idea it was Bonanza. I am 25 years old and I have no recollection of that show. I remember Mama's Family, the Golden Girls, and the Cosby Show. Yet, MeMaw was happy and that is all that matters to me. Afterwards, I visited Dad. It was the prettiest day on the farm. The sun was shining, it was the perfect temperature, and it felt good to be surround by 122 acres.

After all that visiting, I had to pick up pup and her tail showed me how happy she was! Jace and I met up later in the day and hung out. Mom headed to a wedding and then we had to debrief about the wedding afterwards. That night, Mom, Jace, and I stayed at home and fixed a dinner that rivals any restaurant meal. We had grilled asparagus, grilled BBQ pork chops, crescent rolls, and baked potatoes. Not only was it much cheaper to stay at home but it was so much better. We rocked the rest of the evening away on the deck. It was so pleasant outside Saturday night that I could have sat out there all night long.

The perfect Saturday night!
The real treat of the weekend was Sunday. Normally, Jace and I travel back on Sundays and it cuts the weekend short. This weekend we got to spend Sunday at home. I had the opportunity to work from home on Monday and Jace was staying in town for a dentist's appointment. To have this extra day meant the world to Jace and I. We were in such good spirits all weekend long and I am happy to report not one tear was shed when we had to leave one another on Monday. These high spirits are still with us and I think excitement has taken over. We are excited that Monday was our last goodbye for the start of another school year!

All in all, it was a GREAT weekend. We didn't do anything we didn't want to, didn't spend a dime, and got to visit with family. I love spending time with Mom and I can't imagine going through wedding planning without her. Being with Jace and spending quality time with him was so nice. Those two allowed me to return to work with a rested and renewed spirit!

I hope y'all had a great weekend too! In the next blog posts. I will tell you about me attending Mom's Zumba class and the sisterhood of the traveling Bride's bag! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment