Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Friend

Y'all I have a deep, deep love for animals. I love almost all animals and am particularly fond of my two girls: pup and Big.




43 lbs of love


The Notorious BIG

Lilly--RIP

Little Momma--RIP
I have 3 in Heaven, RIP Lilly, Lady, and Little Momma.

I love animals so much that I told Jace he could propose with a kitty with a collar that says, "will you marry us?" I was going to call her Marry (get it?). Needless to say, the kitty proposal didn't happen and I am still waiting for a sweet little kitty. Well I think I finally got her! Yesterday I was doing the dishes and I saw two cats on our carport. With wet soapy hands, I went outside to see how friendly they were. There was a big, grey, male cat and then this sweet little black and white cat. She was precious. I thought after the initial sighting, she would make her way back to her home or make the rounds through the neighborhood.

So tonight, I was doing dishes and she was back! I think I have a new friend now. Little kitty is skinny as a rail and I am determined to fatten her up. I brought out a little dish of milk for her and she drank just a little. She purrs and seems happy as a lark. I sure hope the Teak is ok with all of this. When I suggest that we need a pet she tells me to play with the neighborhood animals. I have befriended the little dog behind our house, named him Rusty (who is really a girl), and fattened her butt up! She knows to sit beside the fence and I will come and pet her. Trained like a true dog, I tell you!

Poor Jace knows about my deep love and realizes that we will eventually have a zoo. I have told Jace repeatedly that as soon as we get out of the apartment living stage and are ready to become homeowners that I am getting a kitty and he is getting a grill. In addition to kitties, I want an English Bulldog and his name will be UK (pronounced ook) just like the bulldogs from UGA. Jace wants a Golden Retriever and his name will be Murray, for Jace's Alma mater. Maybe a chocolate lab too. Then sometimes I have a wild hair and want a miniature pot belly pig. Actually I want two. Their names will be DeWayne and Priscilla. When I think about my pot belly pigs I laugh. Can you imagine me calling my piggies home, standing on my back porch, in my thick country accent? It would sound like DaaaWaynnnneeee!!! Makes me laugh. Jace just rolls his eyes.

I will let you know if my new little friend sticks around.

No comments:

Post a Comment