Wednesday, August 15, 2012

3L

Today Jace starts his last year at Mississippi College. He is a 3L and I have mixed emotions about it.

I am unbelievably proud of him and his accomplishments. He is so driven and all his hard work is beginning to pay off. I try to stay humble about it all, but some days I want to shout from the rooftops of how proud I am of him, how great he is doing, and where we are headed.

I am also a little nervous. This isn't our first rodeo, so we know the pressure he will be under and the strain it puts on our relationship. We know there will be late nights at the library and groggy phone calls. We know he will live in his "perch" on the 2nd floor and read until his eyes hurt. We also know the LLM application process is about to begin. 

I am also a little sad. Sad because this is his last year in MS. I never thought we would fall in love with Jackson or meet so many wonderful people like we have. It has become a second home to me and nothing is better than touching down in Jackson, feeling the warm sun, driving down a brown road, and smelling pine trees. The friends Jace has made have also become my friends. They are all wonderful people who have a great sense of humor, are intelligent, driven, and will make fine attorneys.

Both Jace and I are also ready. We are ready to get this year going. In nine short months, he will graduate and then life will really start happening. Last night we ended our phone call with "let's do this". We are both so ready to be together and to live every day together. So, I want these nine months to fly by but at the same time I want them to last a little bit longer. I want the year to last a little bit longer so we can soak up MS more and spend more time with our friends. See, mixed emotions.

To all the 3Ls who started their last first day of school, congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment