Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Trainer

Remember when I told you about my trainer drama/saga here? Well today was the first day with my new trainer, Mr. Nick Trubee. I got there early, was a little nervous, and a little excited. I haven't been in the gym for almost 2 weeks and was ready to get back into the routine and sweat again.

I didn't go to the Johnson Center much in undergrad because it is just so big. I prefer to workout in a smaller gym and not be surrounded by so many people. The Johnson Center is a little intimidating to me simply because there are just so many people and at this time of year it is packed. As my first real time to train here, I felt a little green and sorta like a freshman all over again.

When I made my way to the front desk, I asked for a lock because I had to store my keys and member card. Y'all I thought I was back in the halls of Graves Co. High. It took me a FOREVER to get my lock undone and then I had to walk past man-pit. Man-pit is the weight area and there are so many guys down there. I hate man-pit because it is mainly meatheads who have big arms and a tiny brain lifting weights. They sit on the benches, watch ESPN, and drink their gallon of water. Please.

Once I got through man-pit, I found Nick. We hit it off immediately and I can't wait to start training with him. He gave me a thorough health assessment complete with blood pressure check, weight/height, BMI, skin folds, flexibilty test, heart rate monitoring, a push-up test (I did 30 thank you very much!), and a strength test. We went over my results and overall I am healthy and everything is in the right range. Now, there are things we can most certiantly work on but overall, I got a good report.

In between each test, Nick and I chit chatted. He and I share quite a bit in common: 25, engaged, in long distance relationships,and have dated our fiances for a long time. We talked wedding: anything from colors, to honeymoon, to proposal. But we didn't just talk wedding, we also talked seriously about my health goals, his training methods, his thoughts on food, etc. Overall, I feel like Nick is a legit trainer and will help push me further along. Our first training session is tomorrow and I am anxious to get started.

In the words of Bubba Sparxxx, get it right, get it tight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment