Monday, August 13, 2012

So much to tell ya...

Y'all today was such a great day and I have to share with you!

I got a phone call today at work from Pam and she asked me if I like pie? Do I like pie...umm...I love pie! Guess what this ol' girl is doing tomorrow? Judging pies at the Kentucky State Fair! Apple pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, chocolate pie, coconut cream pie, butterscotch pie, lemon pie, strawberry rhubarb pie, and every pie in between. I will probably be sick as a dog afterwards but it will be fun while we are judging! Now some people turn up their noses to judging food at the state fair. They don't know how clean the kitchen and cook are and are afraid to taste test. I, for one, am not scared. Bring on the pie. I will let you know how it goes.

Remember when I blogged about my 20 seconds of courage HERE? Well today I called the volunteer coordinator at the Hope Center and I have the opportunity to serve homeless men a hot meal Thursday night. I absolutely can not wait! I hope to grow from this experience and learn something about myself, my community, and my faith. I am going to try to volunteer whenever my schedule permits and am so ready to get started. Be looking for a blog post about my experience soon.

I came home tonight and the Teak whipped up a fabulous dinner. In our house, she cooks and I clean. Well tonight, I cleaned...I cleaned my plate! She made homemade blue cheese dressing...HEAVENLY!!! It was rich, creamy, and so blue cheesy. You have to love blue cheese to want to try this dressing. Here is the recipe:

-1 package cream cheese (dear Lord!)
-blue cheese crumbles
-pinch of garlic powder
-Milk

The more milk you use, the thinner the dressing so make according to the consistency you want.

The Teak made up this recipe and it is so good. Don't you want to have a big ol' wedge salad now?! We sure did!

I feel like I have only talked about food so far and that is a problem. You see it is a MAJOR problem since I might be losing Danny. Danny has taken a job at a gym in Winchester and I don't think we will be able to train in the evenings after work. Danny and I have been together since January and Lord knows he has heard every problem, law school frustration, wedding plans, work issue, moot court hatred, Master's milestone, and any thing else I could possibly think of during our 1 hour workouts. When I talk to Danny it is like talking to Lauren or Whitney. It is straight girl talk and he just listens to me...and then tells me to do more reps and do it faster next time. I will know more this week if we can continue to train or not. It is sorta like a breakup and I hate to leave him but he has a great opportunity to go do his thing somewhere else. I gotta find a new trainer by the end of this week because I will eat my weight in pie tomorrow!

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment