Thursday, August 2, 2012

Zumba Class

I have had this blog post in my head since Monday night and have been dying to share with y'all! Since I had the opportunity to work from home Monday, I got to go with Mom to her Zumba class that night! I am so proud of Mom for exercising twice if not three times a week in her Zumba classes. She loves it and has formed some great relationships. Her friendships keep her accountable and we all need that when it comes to exercising.

We had our water bottles, signed in, and were ready for class. I have been with Mom before but it has probably been a year since then. One thing I love about the class is before the workout begins, all the women stand in a circle, hold hands, and pray. Always good to have the Lord on your side when you know you are going to sweat to death.

After Amen, we all get situated and do a warm up activity. Then we get down to business. Now I know I am a white girl and there is about 2% of rhythm in this body but that doesn't mean I don't love to shake it. Y'all they played the best songs. I look over and ol' Sandy is moving and a grooving to Nappy Boys, Luke Bryan, Little Big Town, and Justin Beiber! Then they put on Proud Mary. Honey we were all rollin' on the river and my legs were a burnin'!

Y'all I laughed through the entire hour. It was so much fun. I would mess up and laugh at myself. I would watch the other women and they would make me laugh because only a select few had legit moves. But the worst was when I could see some woman's tan line from where her butt ends and her thigh begins. It took every bit of me to not bust out in laughter.

There is a portion of the class where the women use weights. To add a little somethin' somethin' to this portion of class, some women put on a belly wrap. Mom said she was good and didn't need that to enhance her Zumba experience! HA!

Source: Google images
I was really hoping we would get to do the Cupid Shuffle but we didn't do that dance. Mom and I can walk it out like no body's business and are prepared to do it at the wedding at any given moment.

By the end of the hour I had a little SWAS  going on (SWAS is "ass sweat" for short) Lord forgive me, but I taught all of Mom's friends what it stands for too. I did this in the church gym of all places! So next time you are sweating, you just tell people you have SWAS!!!

It was so much fun to go with Mom and I encourage you to take a Zumba class if you haven't before.

No comments:

Post a Comment