Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Food!

I need an apron and let me explain why...

Yesterday Liz emailed me and wanted to know if I could have dinner with her. I could and we decided to meet up at a local Mexican restaurant. We had dinner and a margarita and got caught up on life. It was a lovely meal and we were there for at least two hours catching up. Sometime during the conversation, I looked up and here came two friends and former Ag. Ambassadors. Then two more walked in. All of us girls were Ag. Ambassadors and I don't know the last time we were all together. Since Liz and I were done with our meal, we paid our check, moved to their table, and ordered another round of margaritas. We laughed all night long and I was in the Mexican restaurant for 4 hours. Needless to say it was a great Monday night.

After everyone had gone home, Liz gave me a cutting board and the Pioneer Woman's latest cookbook as an engagement gift. So sweet. I was so thankful for the cutting board because we don't have one and Jace thinks a paper towel is a cutting board. I flipped through the cookbook today and my mouth was watering. Ree took pictures of each step and it is very user friendly. After flipping through the book, I decided I need a Kitchenaid mixer, lots of lemons, limes, butter, different types of vinegar (red, white, balsamic, rice), and probably an apron. I also need a honkin' kitchen with marble counter tops and a farmer's sink.

I love reading cookbooks and Taste of Home magazine. Mom and Teak take Taste of Home and I told myself I would start taking it as soon as I became a wife. Now that doesn't mean I will make all the scrumptious food but I sure do like looking at it. Now, I am not a cook, a baker, a fryer, flour sifter, or griller. However, I love food. I love it fried, baked, cooked, sauteed, raw, grilled, marinated, broiled, smothered, and most importantly made with love. I pray that my skills in the kitchen improve not only for my sake but for Jace's. I think this cookbook will help me and it has inspired me to get in the kitchen more. But let's not forget the traumatic episode when I burned rice. How does one even do that? It resulted in tears in the kitchen and nice long hug from Jace who then suggested we go get something from town. And we did. It was delicious. Not even pup ate my rice.

I say all this to let the world know I am motivated to cook, bake, fry, and put lots of love in my food. Please pray with me as I go on this journey. More importantly pray for Jace!

No comments:

Post a Comment