Friday, August 3, 2012

The Sisterhood of the Bride Bag

Hi Friends!

Do you know what today is? August 3, 2012. In exactly one year, I will greet my best friend at the end of the aisle and together we will walk down as Mr. and Mrs. Jace Stamper! How crazy is that? I can't imagine the emotion, excitement, and pure joy that will be packed into that day. If I think about it too long I start to tear up! I am still on cloud 9 about our engagement and have been soaking up every moment of wedding planning!

I have found that with wedding planning I have a ton of stuff. This stuff includes my Southern Living Wedding Planner binder, engagement cards, programs from friend's weddings, samples of invitations, revised editions of guest lists, a stack of wedding gown pictures, business cards, an etiquette book, and so much more. All of these things need a place and a central location. This is where the sisterhood of the traveling bride bag comes in.

When Whitney got engaged I bought her a Bride's Bag. The bag is sorta like Mary Poppins carpet bag because it is incredibly deep and holds everything! Now almost 3 years later, this bag has gone through 3 or 4 other brides. These brides all have a common thread...we are all friends of Whitney. After I got engaged, Whitney called me and said that is was now my turn for the bag and I picked it up last week. It was filled with wedding stuff from the other brides--magazines, bobby pins, rose petals, books, receipts, etc. It was fun to sort through what other brides had left in the bag. There is a sisterhood in this bag and it has special meaning for me! In a way, the bride's bag has come full circle and now I am the one using it!
Source: Google Images
I am thankful to share this bag with so many women and am thankful to have such a dear friend in Whitney.

1 year y'all, 1 year!

No comments:

Post a Comment