Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bridal Benchmark Series

Hi Y'all! Just a quick wedding update...

No big decisions have been made recently. We are in the glorious stage of enjoying our engagement and just counting down the days (11 months now!). All vendors have been secured and the next big step is picking out my dress and bridesmaid dresses. This month, Mom and I have appointments to try on gowns. We have stocked up on Kleenex because we are both going to cry. Lord, we can't even talk about it without tearing up!

Saturday Whitney and Lauren are going to be my mannequins as I try and figure out what kind of bridesmaid dresses I want to go with. Right now, the colors are cream and black. However, I am feeling drawn to blush. Am I crazy? Is this a fad? Can blush be classy and timeless? I guess we will find out on Saturday.

All of this is fun. I have not stressed out about our wedding and I plan on keeping it this way! The fun continued tonight when I attended Simply Love's Bridal Benchmark Series. Simply Love is a FREE resource to brides in the Lexington area. Vendors pay to be associated with Simply Love and Simply Love connects vendors and brides together. Tonight Simple Love hosted the first night of the Benchmark series. I went even though I have all my vendors and thoroughly enjoyed the speakers. There was a photographer, cake baker, hair stylist, invitation representative, and Hilton representative who spoke tonight. There was free cake and cake pops and of course I sampled all!!! I did have a few general questions and the vendors were very helpful. The best thing about tonight: giveaways!! Who walked away with a free spray tan...this girl! Now I have had a spray tan before and I wasn't sold on the idea but I will take a free one.

The series is for 5 more weeks and I can't wait! It keeps me excited and counting down the days until I become Mrs. Katie Stamper (a soon to be tanned Mrs. Katie Stamper!)

No comments:

Post a Comment