Thursday, July 26, 2012

Heading West...

I am so excited for this weekend and Friday is almost here! Tomorrow I am traveling back home or in the words of my momma, I am heading west to God's country. Jace is coming home too and should arrive late Friday night.
I haven't seen Jace in 3 weeks and this will be the last time I see him for quite some time. If school permits, he will come home for Labor Day weekend. However, I know what it feels like to be a student and having that Monday off can be a great get-ahead-on-homework day. If Jace can't come home on Labor Day, the next time I know I will see him is...October 17th. Yes, I said it, October 17th. If I dwell on that too long, I get upset and sad so I try real hard not to think of it. However, it is always in the back of my mind.

For the past two years, we have traveled to Gatlinburg for a long weekend and have enjoyed one last fling before the semester starts. Well, this year is different since he is in MS and I am in KY. We have decided to go home and for the past two weeks we have thought long and hard on what we want to do. We thought about going to Patti's or Doe's and enjoying a really nice dinner together. But ultimately, we have decided to do NOTHING!!! We are going to stay at home, grill out, play horse in basketball, spend time with family, and spend as much time together as possible. All I want to do is soak up every minute with him and enjoy our time together.

By now we are used to this song and dance but it doesn't mean there won't be some tears shed on both of our parts. But guess what? This is the VERY LAST TIME we have to do this!!!!! How can he already be in his final year of law school? This year will be long simply because we will be counting down to our wedding/the bar exam/anticipating our honeymoon/preparing for a move but those things will also make this year fly by. Thinking about those things keeps me going.

Let's hope this weekend creeps by at a snail's pace. Y'all have a good weekend. I am heading West...

No comments:

Post a Comment