Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wedding Update

Hi Y'all!

This past weekend the Teak and I traveled to God's country, West Kentucky. It is always so nice to go home and soak up the slow pace of Mayfield. Jace came home too and it was wonderful to see him as always. Since we were both home we decide to tackle a few weddings things. Even though the wedding is 13 months away there will be only a handful of times that we will be in the same place at the same time and have the time to talk, discuss and decide on wedding stuff (the joys of a long distance engagement!)

Along with his parents, Jace, and I headed to HB & Co. in Paducah and looked at tuxedos. I think both Jace and I were hoping for a summer grey or khaki tux but the tux we decided on only comes in black. It is very classy and the best part is the tuxes are tailored! No long sleeves showing, no wrong sized jackets! We are going with bowties and cummerbunds...Southern and I love it! Jace will have an ivory bow tie and cummerbund and the other boys will have black. So with that being said, the wedding colors are black and ivory. I hope to find classy ivory dresses for my girls and the hunt has officially begun. As for the bouquets, they will have a pop of color but I just don't know what that is yet. The wedding to-do list got two check marks this weekend: decide on tuxedos and determine wedding colors! Success in my mind!

I am not going to lie, I am getting the itch to try on wedding gowns. Mom and I can't wait to start looking and hope to find "the one" sometime in October. Let's hope I can wait that long!

In other wedding news, Lauren got her wedding pictures this week. One word...Stunning! It was such a beautiful day and it was fun looking back on their special day. Speaking of Lauren and Adam, I get to see the newlyweds this weekend when I travel to the big town of Elizabethtown! I plan on coming back with a sore throat from talking so much!

I am going to try to be better about blogging and not letting a week (or more) go by between posts! Until then...



No comments:

Post a Comment