Friday, July 20, 2012

Friends

We made it to the weekend y'all! When I woke up this morning Matt Laurer told me about the shooting in CO. Can we not go to the movies anymore? The news coverage makes my heart hurt and stomach turn. I just don't understand. Lord, please be with those affected, their families, and friends.

This week I have been connecting with friends and I have loved it.

Jace became dear friends with Andrew from Alabama when both of them were 1Ls at Mississippi College. Both Andrew and Jace have a dry sense of humor and hit it off right away. Well, Andrew transferred to Alabama law school after their first year. I try to keep up with him and this week I sent Andrew a message and checked in on him. Ol' Bama boy is doing good and has been fishing up a storm this summer. It was good to hear from Andrew and hopefully one day Jace and I can get down to Alabama and visit with him. If we ever make it to Bama, I will be rolling with the tide, be decked out in houndstooth, and be ready to see cream of the crop SEC football.

For the past two Tuesdays I have attended a young adult Bible Study. The study is going really well and I am thoroughly enjoying studying, reading, and growing. I am also enjoying the fellowship and developing stronger relationship with the people that sit around the family style table. If you are in the Lexington area, come join us! We meet at Panera on Nicholasville Rd. at 7 pm., I'll save you a seat.

The other week I attended a conference and ran into an old friend from Graves County. We had lost touch for about 3 years and now we are catching up via emails and blog posts. We are going through the same life changes and it is always nice to know you aren't the only one experiencing something new!

Today I heard from the one and only Jay Cash. Jay will stand up with Jace and he himself is starting to plan for a wedding. I talked to both Jay and Lisa, his girlfriend, about their wedding plans. They live in Nashville and are planning a Keeneland wedding. I could talk wedding all day and doing it with these two was a ball. Jay makes me laugh and even though I have only met Lisa once, she seems sweet as pie. So excited for those two!

Then there is my best friend, Jace. That boy has spoiled me these past two weeks. We have skpyed almost every night, emailed all day, talked on the phone for long periods of time and I must say I can't get enough of him. I am soaking all of him up because I know what is coming. School will be here before we know it and it will be back to the grind of long nights and early mornings. But for right now, there is just work which means a carefree, pressure-free Jace. I am loving it!

We have finally made it to the weekend and looking back on this week, it was a little long but I am thankful to have the opportunity to connect with friends.

Do y'all have big plans for the weekend? The Teak and I are headed to Trader Joe's for the first time. I doubt we pick up any two buck chuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment