Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Odds and Ends

Hi friends! We are halfway through the week and the weekend is in sight! Hallelujah!

Just some odds and ends for you today.

By now you know that Whitney and Lauren are my absolute best friends. We have experienced so much together and unfortunately today we all experienced bypass surgery. Today Lauren's daddy, Tommy, had quadruple bypass surgery. Tommy was having some chest and arm pain and was a little stubborn when the pain first started. However, after a good momma talk from his daughter he found himself in the hospital. Adam has kept all of us girls in the loop and he said that surgery went fine today and Tommy is now in recovery. Please keep Jane, Tommy, and Lauren in your prayers. Lauren holds herself together for the whole family and her shoulders are awfully strong!

On a much lighter note, today was Teak's turn to host bridge at our house. 3 other ladies come over, they eat lunch, and play bridge all afternoon long. I love these days. Bridge day means bangin' leftovers and today did not disappoint. I had leftover spinach salad and zucchini bread! Later tonight, I will be having a large portion of homemade chocolate mousse! I don't anticipate there being any leftover.

Now for a little food for thought. I saw a quote on Facebook last night from an Eastern Kentucky homemaker who said, "if you are not staying busy doing something you love, you are dying". Think about that for a second. Let those words sink in. I would say this Homemaker is wise beyond her years. I bet we could all learn a thing or two from her.

My day is ending on a laugh. Jace and I were skyping tonight and he got real close to the camera and very seriously told me that he thinks he is starting to develop wrinkles. My response was immediate laughter. Now Mr. Stamper is not too far away from the big 3-0 (2 1/2 years and counting). Now, these things happen naturally and no amount of cream or moisturizer will fix gravity. Women know this but we continue to buy all the products that say they are THE cure! So to ease Jace's worry, I told him the so call wrinkles are simply laugh lines. Let's pray I believe my own self when I see my first wrinkle.

Y'all have a good night! Talk soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment