Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekend with the Hintons

Happy Sunday y'all! I hope your church service was good and you are resting up for another week.

I had a wonderful weekend spent with dear friends and thoroughly enjoyed myself! On Friday I traveled to Elizabethtown and saw Lauren Hinton and her darlin' little home! We had planned this weekend several months ago and we both couldn't wait to see one another. This was our first time to see one another since their wedding and I was dying to see their home.

They live in the nicest neighborhood and their house is on the cul-de-sac. Their home is perfect for them and they have space to grow for when little Hintons arrive (not that that is any time soon!) Before Adam got home, Lauren gave me the grand tour and in the guest bedroom she had a present for me. She got Jace and I a sign that defines what the South is. It is the cutest and it will be hung in our little apartment when we are married. So sweet and thoughtful!

While we were waiting for Adam to get home, we got started on our list of topics to talk about. We purposefully waited to tell one another stuff because we wanted to save it for when we could actually talk in person. And did we have a ton of stuff to talk about! The funny thing about when Lauren and I really get to talking is that we never really finish a story because we think of something else we have been meaning to tell one another. The conversations are fast and you need to keep up but they are a ton of fun!

Once Adam got home, we went to eat at a Mexican restaurant. Thank goodness my friends love Mexican because we always find ourselves at Mexican restaurants and end up eating our weight in chips, salsa, and guacamole!

The next day, Lauren made a huge breakfast for us. I would have been fine with cereal but as the hostess with the mostess she fixed eggs, biscuits, bacon, and we had fresh tomato! Adam told me to come back every weekend because he could get used to a breakfast like this. We then headed to Lauren's Aunt Betty's home for a family get-together. Y'all there was so much food and Lauren's mom and Nana brought half of it. Lauren said that Jane's banana pudding weighed at least 15 pounds since she doubled the recipe. I sure did get a LARGE helping of Jane's banana pudding and it tasted just like Teak's.

It was so nice to laugh and be back with old friends this weekend. What I love most about Lauren is that we are completely honest with one another. We reveal our deepest secrets, dreams, fears, and the other sits and listens and no judgement is passed. We are open about our jobs and relationships and I appreciate that honesty and trust. As for Adam, he adores Lauren and will do anything for her. He reminds me of Jace in the sense that he wants the best for his wife and all he wants to do is make her happy.

So needless to say, I had a great weekend with the Hintons and can't wait to go back to Etown!

No comments:

Post a Comment