Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sermon Talkback

It's Sunday afternoon. Doesn't everyone love this time of the week. Church is over, your belly is probably full from a big lunch, and you can relax just a little longer until Monday morning hits.

For Jace and I, Sundays are special. Even though we can't go to church together we do call each other after our services and give an abbreviated version of what the sermon was about, sorta like a sermon talkback.We discuss the sermon and make connections to our own life. We discuss how cute the little kids are and the funny things they say and do. More importantly we discuss how excited we will be when we can find a church of our own.

Church is very important to Jace and I and even though we are different demoninations (Jace is Baptist and I am Disciples of Chirst) our beliefs are the same. We believe in our Lord, our God who sent his Son to die for us, who rose again, and we will meet again in our Father's kingdom. I am blessed to have found a man who has a strong faith and is an example to not only me but to others as well. I am thankful we can discuss these things together and pose questions to one another. For us, it is refreshing to see couples together at church and even better to see a couple and their kids attending church together. Jace and I are ready to be like these couples and see what path God leads us down.

Our churches mean alot to the both of us. We have grown up and matured as Christians in our churches and it will be hard to leave them. I have been attending Crestwood since 2005. This church is not only my family's church but Jace and I will get married here. It will be hard for Jace to leave First Baptist in Jackson because they have an awesome ministry down there. However, we know we will find a church together and will get to meet new people and experience new things.

If you don't have a church home, visit Crestwood here in Lexington or if you are in the Jackson area, stop by First Baptist. Both churches are wonderful and I promise you will want to do a little sermon talkback of your own.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment