Monday, April 23, 2012

In the Hood...

Today was just another Monday. My coffee was much needed this morning and it tasted great. Meeting in the afternoon, revised multiple documents for upcoming meetings, and tackled our 2011-2012 Annual Report. After work, I headed to the gym, which was fine. As usual, Danny kicked my butt and I took as many breaks as I possibly could. (When I work out, I believe breathing to be a necessity along with multiple water breaks which are followed by small talk with Danny). Just a typical Monday: Work. Gym. Home.

However, when I got home my day got exceptionally better! Laying on the coffee table was a box and in the box was my cap, gown, tassel and the coveted HOOD!!!!!!!!! Seeing and holding the hood made it official for me... I will graduate with my Master's! The days of reading research journals, writing 25+ page papers, and writing chapters for my creative project are over with! Hallelujah!!!

Education has always been important to me and my Mom instilled in Ross and I the importance of finishing our education before we get married. Well, after I finished my defense ol' Sandy told me I could get married! Now that I have the hood and graduation is May 6th---Jace Stamper, if you are reading this, you know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment