Thursday, April 19, 2012

Peaks, Pits, Praises, Prayers

J.Lo update: J.Lo has money to get her skin to look like that!!!! The facial yesterday was wonderful and is such a treat. If you are in the Lexington area, please visit my girl Dree at Insignia! I left the salon with smooth, clean, and moisturized skin. Now if I could only find a money tree and do that monthly!

I was driving home today and reflecting on my day and my day has been both good and bad. Certain parts were great and others...not so much. I found this exercise on Pinterest and thought it was fitting for today. It is called "Peaks, Pits, Praises, & Prayers". It describes my day perfectly because there were peaks and then there were a few pits.

Peaks:
  • Eating lunch with my former minister and catching up with him. We ate at my favorite Mediterranean restaurant and I filled my plate with hummus! Great food, great company!
  • I also got my hair cut today. What is it about getting in that chair and letting someone run their fingers through your hair that makes you feel so good? Can someone bottle that feeling up?
  • Another peak--it's Thursday which means tomorrow is Friday (it's the small things!).
  • Free candy (good candy) left on the tables outside my office! Yes, I will take those 3 Butterfinger bits!
Pits:
  • Jace had a CRAPPY day at work. Let me repeat, CRAPPY day! He is the strongest man I know and can handle criticism and pressure so well. Me...not so much. If I were in his shoes I would be in the hospital suffering from a nervous breakdown. Days like today make me wish I could be there for him when he walks through the door at night. Law school isn't glamorous y'all.
  • Jace's finals are approaching. This will be a pit until May 10th.
Praises:
  • I am excited about the summer small groups at Crestwood. Robyn has some great ideas and I can't wait to experience new things with the people at Crestwood.
  • Tomorrow is Friday which means we have survived another week.
  • The custodian, Ms. Anna--she makes me laugh every morning!
  • Getting to laugh with my Teak daily.
  • My family is healthy and safe (thank you Lord!).
  • Today was a beautiful day (if felt like summer today).
  • I have laughed in the past 24 hours and I hope you have too.
Prayers:
  • For Jace and the other law students in preparation for Finals (two weeks long)
  • I pray that Jace's work gets better and that the pressure from work and school starts to be relieved soon.
  • I pray for you. I pray that you are healthy and happy. I pray that you laughed today.
  • I pray this blog brings some sort of joy to you.

Thanks for reading this blog and letting me tell me tell you about my peaks, pits, praises, and prayers. What are your peaks, pits, praises, and prayers?

No comments:

Post a Comment