Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Transitions

Friends, we did it! UK brought home our 8th National Championship title last night. Teak and I stayed up and watched the game and after UK was crowned the champions, the fireworks started here in Lex. Such an exciting thing for the team, this town, the university, and the fans! I don't know when fans will stop celebrating. So happy to be a part of Blue Blue Nation.

As much as I wanted to celebrate at Rupp today, meetings and a TV spot still had to take place. In addition to these agenda items, there was unexpected drama with UK graduate school and I ran into a former professor. By the end of the day, I was emotionally worn out and didn't anticipate to have all these feelings and thoughts running through my head.

My thoughts centered around transitions. This Friday I defend my Master's, marking the end of my education career (thank you Lord!). This transition is so exciting and I am proud of what I have accomplished. But not all transitions are good. Transitions mean change. I am not the best with change (is anyone?). But some transitions are wonderful and beautiful.

This weekend when I was with my girlfriends, I realized that we are all going through our own transitions whether that be marriage, home ownership, raising children, building a career. These are all exciting transitions but can be scary at the same time too. With these transitions comes risk and stepping out on a limb. You have to venture out into a world you have never been before. This is not easy to do because you feel as though you are the first person to ever do __________ (fill in the blank).  However, some risks have the best rewards. Today I am ready to take those risks in order to find the reward in the transition!

Today I was hit with all the transitions that will soon take place in my life: graduation, engagement, ending a job, moving, leaving the Teak, marriage, trying to find a new job. These things aren't taking place today, tomorrow, or next week but they are coming down the pike in about a year. I am so excited for these things, some days too excited. The common thread in these transitions for me is Jace. When thinking about these things and the reality of it all, all I wanted was a hug from Jace (it sucks being apart you know!). A hug from Jace can calm me and erase bad feelings.

Maybe I just over analyzed today and am critical of myself at times, which girls are notorious for (guilty as charged). Was today just a blah day or am I realizing that I am growing up and changes and transitions are coming? I think it is more the latter than the former in this case. Growing up, changes, and transitions are exciting as much as scary. I know these transitions are a part of life's journey and I am open to whatever God has in store for not only me but for also Jace and I.

Transitions are the reason why I started this blog. I wanted to document the emotions during this time in my life and to remember this exciting, scary, nerve racking, beautiful, wonderful, and crazy time.

I don't know who reads my blog but thank you. Thank you for letting me write my feelings which is a form of therapy for me. You are my therapy for my transitions.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and honest thoughts. Transitions are really hard sometimes...but without a doubt, you will make it to the other side :) Prayers for you and all those you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki! Very exciting transitions. Thanks for your support and prayers.

    ReplyDelete