Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend recap...

Happy Monday friends!

This weekend was great and I hope yours was too. If you are a Wildcat fan (if you aren't, you should be!) you know how exciting today is! The atmosphere on campus is electric and this town is about to go WILD!!!

Now for the weekend recap: Lauren's Bachelorette party!!!

Lauren, the bride-to-be, called me on Friday and told me so was already on the road and would be arriving in Lexington in an hour. I panicked for a quick second because she was arriving earlier than I had expected and I also had some last minute errands to run in preparation for her arrival. The night before I had decorated our guest bedroom door frame with balloons and streamers (Pinterest inspired) and was pleased with my efforts. On Friday morning, I woke up to a pile of streamers and balloons on the floor. So after Lauren's phone call, I ran home and used almost a whole dispenser of tape and prayed that they stayed up for the weekend.


After the taping episode was over, I got back in my car and ran to Beaumont Center to meet the sweet Lennie Underwood. Let me tell you, Lennie can bake! Lennie created these darling wedding dress cookies for the party, complete with Lauren's soon-to-be initials and wedding date.



When I returned home with the cookies, Lauren was already there! It was so great to finally see her and we had 2 hours of down time so we ran a few errands. I was so happy to get some one-on-one time with her. I miss that girl. Lauren is the type of friend that no matter how long you have gone without seeing one another, we can pick it right up from where we left it last. I so enjoyed those two hours with her and in that time we discussed everything we have been going through, feeling, or worrying about. It made me wish we were back living in Blanding 1 again. It's ironic how in college all we want to do is grow up, but when we get jobs and move away, all we want to do is go back to the days when friends were close by and not just a phone call away. So I was bound and determined to have a great weekend since everyone was in town and I did!

Friday night, we headed over to Malone's. We all treated ourselves to a nice meal and talked for 2 hours. The beauty about my friends is we often interrupt each other and we never quite finish a story. Our stories prompt other stories and we are often talking while someone else is talking. Our conversations are fun, fast, and may be hard to keep up with it you are an outsider listening in.



Saturday morning we ate at Josie's and it was delicious. After breakfast we had some time to kill and we visited the cute shops near Chevy Chase. This is one of my most favorite areas in Lexington. The stores are quaint and have this wonderful feel about them.

Saturday afternoon was relaxing! We treated ourselves to a signature massage (hot stones were included!). Lauren had never had a message before (how has she lived?) She loved it and we all floated out of the Message Center, fully relaxed and tension free.


Hello, hot stones!

I thought the Bachelorrette party was successful and think Lauren had a great time. In two weeks, it is her shower and then May 26th is the big day!

I am not going to lie: during the bachelorette party my mind wandered to Jace. He had his moot court competition this past weekend and the good Lord knows I was worried about that. He had been miserable for an entire month and so had I (Lane Baxter-you know how this feels). Jace called me Friday night and said that he and his partner advanced and they would compete Saturday. This came to a complete shock to Jace and I. He does this to me quite often. He tells me he didn't do good, whether it be a test, interview, argument, whatever and then he turns around and does great. You would think that I would get used to this pattern by now but I still worry each time. I am happy to say the competition is over and life can resume! Now onto preparation for law school finals. Where has this semester gone?

Saturday was also a huge day for UK basketball. UK played against Louisville and there is a deep rivalry there. For non-UK readers, this rivalry is equivalent to LSU vs. 'Bama in football. We mean business when we play. Friends can become enemies if they root for the opposing team. UK won in the end and Lexington hasn't stopped celebrating. We play in the NCAA championship game tonight. This town is crazy. UK fans are crazy. We would love to hang our 8th NCAA championship banner and I believe we can do it tonight.

Overall it was a great weekend! Now it is time to cheer on the CATS...Oooooo C-A-T-S, CATS, CATS, CATS!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment