Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Keeneland, Spatulas, and J.Lo

Hello Friends! Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. Life has been busy and I haven't found the energy at night to blog. Must do better!

This past weekend was a complete blur! Saturday I got up and put on a summer dress and happily waited in Keeneland traffic. Keeneland is unique to Lexington and everyone shows up for this month long event. If you have never been to Keeneland, let me describe the atmosphere for ya! Think sorority and fraternity kids running around, men smoking cigars, jockey silks, beautiful horses, hats, and tailgating! Saturday was the Bluegrass Stakes and 40,000 people showed up. Saturday wasn't the prettiest of days but the sun peeked out long enough for this ol' girl to get some tan lines! By tan lines I mean, red blotches on pale white skin!

I spent the day at Keeneland with Ross, Beth (his girlfriend), Ross's roommate, and one of his friends from work. We all placed bets but none of us won a dollar. It was still a great day and was nice to be outside, even if was a little windy and rainy.

On Sunday, Whitney, baby Jackson, and I loaded up and headed to Breckinridge Co. for Lauren and Adam's wedding shower. Breckinridge Co. is about 2 hours and 15 minutes from Lex. and during that time, Whitney and I covered all of our life's problems, found some solutions, and listened to one another. I love that girl! We are both open books with each other and every time I  am with her, I walk away thanking God that we are friends. It doesn't help that I am madly in love with her son, who already knows how to flirt!

Once we got into Breck. Co., we stopped at Lauren's Nana's house for a delicious bridesmaid's lunch. Everything was delicious and it was the first time that all of us bridesmaids had been together. We are all blessed to know and love Lauren and Adam! After lunch, we went to the church for their shower. Lord have Mercy, then got a ton of stuff!!! Lauren got approximately 1500 cookie sheets, lasagna pans, and spatulas!!!!

The ladies at Hardinsburg Baptist Church know how to throw a shower! Those ladies were so organized and had everything displayed so nicely. Whitney, Brittney, and I were in charge of making the bow bouquet for Lauren. I had never made on of these and it is not as easy as one would think. We laughed through the entire shower but we got two large bouquets ready for the soon to be Mrs. Hinton. Just a little over a month until the wedding!!!

As for today, it was just a day. The only thing pulling me through is my hair appointment at the beauty shop tomorrow. What is it about getting your hair done that makes you feel so good? I could sit in the chair all day and talk to my hairdresser, Margaret. Margaret not only does a fantastic job, knows my family, but is also the easiest person to talk to. You can't help but walk with a little sass when you leave the beauty shop! Ladies--you know what I mean!

I am also treating myself to a facial today. Mom gave me a gift card at Christmas and I am cashing in that puppy in today! I plan on having glowing skin like Jennifer Lopez after tonight, minus the tan and fake eyelashes she has!

Updates to come! Hope ya'll are surviving this week! Only 2 more days until the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment