Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Life Lately...

Friends! How are you? Can you believe May is here! Where has this year gone?

Lots has happened since my last post. Let me fill you in on my life lately...

Last weekend, my family celebrated 3 graduations in 2 days!!! On Saturday, my brother graduated from Eastern Kentucky University and I am one proud sister. He finished in 4 years with a degree in Occupational Safety and Health Administration!
The graduate

On Sunday, my cousin, Sam, and I graduated. We were at Rupp Arena all day but it was worth it. Even though it was a long day, it was fun. Look at this cute picture of the Teak and I. I took this of us while we were waiting for Sam's graduation to start. Is she not the cutest!!


The Teak

Sam graduated from UK's Gatton Business School with a BA and a BS. He also finished in 4 years and will do great in this field!
Sam with the Teak
As for my graduation, it was a glorious feeling to walk across that stage! All done! Thank the good Lord, my momma, the Teak, and Jace for getting me through!

Dr. Maurer, my Master's chair, and I
Jace update: the last final is Thursday afternoon!! I feel as though he has been in finals for a month now. The days are long and the nights are even longer for him. I can't believe we will enter into our final year of law school next August. Where has the time gone? Proud doesn't begin to describe how I feel about him and his accomplishments!

With graduations over and May well underway, I am getting anxious for summer. There are a few things that I need during summer. One thing is my croakies. My last pair was a tribute to my love for South Carolina but I discovered a new little gem on Pinterest and with a few clicks of the mouse, these babies were mine!!! I have a deep love for seersucker and when combined with croakies, I knew I had to buy them!!! Check out the website here.

I got the dark blue with red lettering
My 'bows are another staple for the summer. Rainbow flip flops have been in my closet since 2005 and I live in them all summer long. They are so comfortable and stand the test of time. If you don't have a pair, go get some!!! You will thank me later!

You need these!!!!!
One summer "want" I have been eyeing lately is a Longchamp purse. I have a ton of crap that I may need at anytime and want to throw it all in and find it easily. In other words, I like a big purse! They are pricey but they look like they hold alot, come in a variety of colors, and look like they would last a long time. Do any of you have one? Do you like it? Is it worth the price?

Looks functional and stylish, but is it worth the price???

What are some of your summer must-haves?

On a different note, I get to see Jace Stamper in 2 days!!!!!!! Excited doesn't describe my feelings. I have not seen that boy since March 11th. Don't call or email me this weekend. I won't answer. I am going to be a full time girlfriend and enjoy having him in the flesh and not over the phone or Skype!

Have a good rest of your week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment