Saturday, May 19, 2012

Whoops!

Good morning y'all!! We made it to the weekend and I am so thankful to have a weekend at home. The past couple of weekends have been jam packed and a ton of fun but I have been looking forward to a weekend where I can go at my own pace.

Yesterday I got home and I had a package waiting for me. I scanned the shipment sticker and realized it was my bound copies of my Master's creative project. Getting my Master's bound was a little bit of process because there isn't a company here in Lexington that binds thesis's and dissertations. I called the William T. Young library and the librarian recommended a company out of Indiana. I had to get all my documents in one document, download it, and fill out a form online with specific instructions on how I wanted it bound.

It shipped earlier than I expected and I was anxious to hold it in my hands and see my name in the gold lettering. I got two copies bound, which was my Master's present from Jace. I couldn't think of a more meaningful present for my Master's. My copy will go right next to my Papa's thesis and dissertation, which are on my desk at work.

I showed Teak the copies and we both admired them and thought they turned out really nice. It was ironic that I received the package yesterday because just that afternoon it had started sinking in that I have a Master's degree. Now that the graduations are over and the parties have ended, I have had time to reflect on this accomplishment and was starting to give myself credit for the work that I did.

Last night, I was eager to show Jace the copies, so we skyped. I wanted him to see how his present turned out. I put the cover close to the camera and he started reading the title out loud, "Promoting Wealth & Reducing Debt: An Evaluation of Kentucky SLAVES" My mouth hit my bed. It is supposed to be Saves and not SLAVES!!!! I immediately thought that I typed it wrong.I felt awful for wasting Jace's money but he was understanding. In our relationship, I have had my fair share of "whoops" moments and God bless Jace, he has corrected many of my mistakes. However, this one just so happened to be a $100 mistake. Jace assured me last night that it was ok and to order 2 corrected copies on Monday.

So this morning I dug the box and receipt out of the trash and sure enough it said "slaves". It was confirmed, I made the mistake. I still felt awful and could only shake my head. However, I saved the electronic receipt in my email and when I pulled up the confirmation email it said SAVES!!!!!!!! It was the company's fault and I understand where they could easily make this mistake. Let's hope they are understanding on Monday and everything gets fixed! I will be sure and update y'all on what happens!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment