Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

This week I have attended the Family and Consumer Science Agent in-service training. It has been wonderful to see familiar faces and to catch up with the agents. I love these women and am in awe of the work they do in their counties. They work so hard, juggle so much, report and evaluate, and have helpful ideas about county issues and programs. Being around them keeps me going and motivates me to do the best I can do for the MITT initiative.

The conference ended today and I rushed home. Know why? Tonight the Teak is fixing her famous fried chicken dinner. Yesterday was my cousin Sam's 23rd birthday and she told him she would fix it for his birthday dinner. The meal is a lot of work but there is also a lot of love that goes into it as well. The meal is coveted in our family and it doesn't happen that often, so when she does cook it it is really special. The meal includes fried chicken, homemade gravy, biscuits, green beans, and mashed potatoes. After you get done eating and unbutton the top button on your pants, she will put warm banana pudding on the table for dessert. Don't be jealous!!!

The chicken is frying right now and the house smells like Heaven! I can't wait and am excited about sitting down to a meal with Sambo!

What is your favorite meal prepared by your Grandmother?

No comments:

Post a Comment