Thursday, March 28, 2013

Wedding Update

I am slowly chipping away on the wedding to-do list. I don't think I have accomplished all that much but when I go back and think about everything, I have gotten quite a bit done. Here is what's been going on...

On February 27th, I found my wedding jewelry on Etsy. I have never shopped Etsy before but knew that there was a high chance I would not find my wedding jewelry in a store. My dress is V-neck and I had always envisioned wearing gorgeous dangle earrings on my wedding day. However, I am not a dangle earring kind of gal. Give me a stud any day! I don't mind a little dangle but 6 out of 7 days, I am rocking a stud. Pearl, rhinestone, or the classic silver ball; it doesn't matter. Honey, I love my studs. I wanted to be my true self on my wedding day and thought I needed to go with a pearl stud. But not just any ol' pearl stud. I needed something with a little bling but was also a statement. A statement that said classic, timeless elegance. Well with a quick search on Etsy, I found THE STUD!!! I typed out my credit card number like it was nothing and ordered those puppies. I also picked up a nice bracelet for the wedding.

That has been over a month ago. I am only patient when it comes to Jace Stamper but not to most other things. I emailed the Etsy shop owner and inquired about my package twice. My package was international and was held up in Chicago since March 4th. Please. I need my stud! So after emailing USPS last Friday, I got them this week. Y'all I will put any Southern sorority girl to sham on my wedding day. Those pearl studs are approximately the size of Texas! My earlobe hangs a little low in them because they are so big and I LOVE THEM!!!! I showed them to Jace on Skype for at least an hour. My earrings and veil and my two prized possessions. Don't get me wrong, I love my dress but I also really love my accessories.

Speaking of accessories, I bought my third pair of wedding shoes. I ordered two pairs from Zappo's and was pleased with them. They were kitten heel, ivory satin, peep toe. They were cute and I liked them. But then I found a pair of ivory, satin, with a bow, kitten heel and none other than Payless for $28. Um...yes please! They were cute and the price was even better. I shipped the other two back to Zappo's and put some money back in the wedding fund!

When I haven't been spending money, I have been cranking out some save the dates. Jace took 22 save the dates and I took the rest. Every one is addressed and stamped and ready to be mailed. We hope to put them in the mail the first of April. I have added a little extra touch to our save the dates. Jennifer got me the coolest stamp for my birthday and I bought a "save the date" stamp. That stamp is on the back of the envelope. I think it is a nice detail and is elegant.

This past Tuesday Aunt Mitz and I went to the Art of Entertaining. It is hosted at our reception site, the Signature Club, and various vendors display their work; everything from florists, photographers, limo companies, caterers, etc. There were various tablescapes on display. There were some that we absolutely loved and some that just weren't us. But what gets me is that the cost of those tablescapes for a wedding reception could easily be our entire wedding budget. Who has money like that? I can tell you this ol' girl doesn't! It was fun nonetheless and got me excited for our reception. I hope I have the chance to look at our reception before our guests arrive. I want a moment to soak up my planning and notice all the details. I have an idea of what our reception will look like but I know it will be better than my dreams. My vendors are the best and I know I am in good hands.

How crazy is it that we have a little more than 4 months to go? 4 months until I can wear the prettiest Payless shoes and pearl studs the size of Texas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment