Thursday, March 14, 2013

Weekend with Jace

January 1st. That was the last time I saw Jace...until this past weekend. Jace's Spring break is this week, so I took off last Friday and this past Monday. I jumped out of bed on Friday, packed, and was on the road by 9:30 AM. Jace had class and work on Friday and didn't get away from Jackson until 1 and got home around 6:30. That gave Mom and I plenty of time to run a few errands around time. The beauty of living in a small town is that you can run a ton of errands in a hour. We even had time to swing by Murray. After we ran all our errands, we picked up Doris and headed to St. Joseph's Catholic Church. St. Joe's is like any Catholic church and serves a wonderful fish dinner during Lent. This meal is so good and is one of my most favorite things about Mayfield. You always see the same people each year! After filling our bellies with fish, white beans, hush puppies, fries, macaroni and cheese, and slaw we waddled went home. By this time, Jace was in Graves Co!

Pup heard him pull up before I did and she was the first one to greet him in my driveway. I don't know who loves Jace more, me or pup! Jace looked so good! His smile was so big and we were both giddy. Nothing but sheer happiness to finally see one another! We spent Friday night catching up and were up Saturday morning bright and early for Nan's breakfast. Nan makes the best breakfast and eating with her is one of my most favorite things to do when we come home. Nan fixes enough food to feed an army and we all gather around in her tiny kitchen. By the time I finish, I am in a carb coma and the only thing I can do is rub my belly. I again waddled home and got ready for the day. Jace joined Mom and I and together we watched the second half of the UK v. UF game. Thank God we pulled out the W--we needed the win!

Once the game was over, it was time for business. I had a nice list of wedding things Jace and I needed to accomplish. We made our first stop at HB & Co. This is where Jace gets majority of his suits and we want to get the guys' tuxes from there. Jace got measured for his and we finalized what we wanted the tuxes to look like. Our guys will be in black tuxes, white shirts, black bow ties, and black cummerbunds, black satin pocket square. Jace Allen will wear a white shirt, ivory bow tie, ivory cummerbund, and ivory satin pocket square. We wanted a classic, traditional, Southern look. They will be so handsome!

From HB & Co., we headed to Michaelson's and looked at wedding bands for Jace. He got sized and decided on which width he wanted his band to be. He is going with a traditional gold band. I hope to get his band soon and have that off my to-do list. From there we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Let's be honest, all engaged couples live for this day. The day the scanner is put into your hand just might be better than Christmas morning as a child. Beforehand, I did my homework and a little prep work. I had looked at things and had an idea of what we needed and picked a few things that we wanted. We got started in the pots and pans and slowly worked our way around the store. We started out strong. Good thing we started in the kitchen department because we needed the most from this department. By the time we got to the towels, we were exhausted. We didn't lollygag around either. We stayed on task and were all business. By hour 3 we were ready to put the towel in. We were realistic with each other and didn't register for things that aren't practical or that are outrageously priced, at least we think we didn't. I have added a few things through the online store but I think we are 99% done with our registry. It was much more work than what I expected but fun nonetheless.

By Sunday, all we wanted to do was rest. However, before I could really rest Mom and I had to determine guest lists and find addresses. Once that was finished, I was ready to put the wedding bag up and away for a little while! Jace came by and we decided to take the pup for a walk even though it was windy and looked like it could rain at any moment. Poor pup can't jump in the car anymore due to her leg but she loves to ride. I go approximately 24 mph when she is in the car. I am a nervous mother and don't want to go too fast. Pup loves to take walks and walking with her is one of me and Jace's favorite things to do. Pup stopped about 178979 times to mark her territory, which gave Jace and I plenty of time to talk and be together. We did one large loop of the park but couldn't get back to the car before the rain started. By the time we got in the car all three of us smelled like wet dog. Once home, we watched some basketball game (Jace was in charge of the remote) and we fell asleep. Jace was pumped we woke up just in time to watch the final minutes of the game. Heaven forbid if we miss one game in the Journey to the Tourney!

Monday Jace had his wisdom teeth removed and I got to see him post surgery. He was pretty good but a little lethargic and very sleepy. He was coherent but couldn't remember any of our conversations the next day. However, that boy is wisdom teeth free and shouldn't have to go through that ever again!

Overall it was a great weekend. It felt so good to be home, to see my Momma, and sleep in my own bed. Mom, Jace, and I got a ton of things crossed off the wedding to-do list. The best of all was seeing Jace. Gosh, I miss him when we are apart. We only have 5 more months left and believe me there is a countdown. The weekend went by way too fast but I am thankful for the time we got to spend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment