Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wedding Week

Six days. Six days separates me from being a fiancé and being a wife. 6 days to make sure every I is dotted and every T is crossed. Fifteen months of planning, 8 years or hoping, and 26 years of dreaming is about to become reality. Needless to say I am a ball of emotion. Jace and I feel like all of this is so surreal and we can't believe we are getting married. All we have ever known is to be apart. That ends in six days. What is it like to be with the person you love the most each and every day? We don't know.

This week is going to be CRAZY! This is what the next six days look like for us. Tomorrow Jace leaves for Nashville and will make a pit stop at Jay's. By Monday night, Jace will arrive in Nashville. Tuesday I go for my final fitting of my dress. When I am at my fitting, Jace will be taking the essay portion of the Bar. The exam begins at 9 AM and lasts for  six hours. Wednesday my Mom comes up and Jace will take the multiple choice portion of the exam. Wednesday night we will praise God that the Bar is done and now we will be in full time wedding mode. Thursday Jace picks up tuxes and Mom and I get mani/pedis. I get my ring cleaned this day as well. Also, on Thursday Aunt Karen & Sara come up. Somewhere in there I need to pack for the honeymoon.

Friday is when things really get going. Sara & Aunt Karen will do their thing and make the beautiful arrangements they are known for. They will make those arrangements in Teak's kitchen. The girls will come up and we will go to lunch. Jace and his family should arrive late Friday afternoon. Jace and I are going to sneak away for an hour, at least we hope we can, and visit with each other. (Remember we haven't seen each other since the end of June.) I would like a moment with him and catch up. Then it is off to our rehearsal and our rehearsal dinner.

Saturday things begin at 8 AM with hair and makeup. The guys, and whoever else wants to help, will put tablecloths on tables and cushions on chairs beginning at 10 AM. At 1:30 PM we take first look photos and photos continue until about 4. Ceremony begins at 4:30. By 5 PM I hope to be a married woman and then it is off to the reception!

Y'all all this runs through my mind constantly. I have worn out the notes app on my phone and jot down anything that I don't want to forget; the list has gotten long. When I think about all what has to get done and things I don't want to forget, I get nervous. It is NOT cold feet but more about me forgetting something. It also has to do with the amount of life that we are going through right now. Are we a little stressed? Yes. Are we excited? Yes. Are we ready for the honeymoon? You best believe it!

But before we can walk down the aisle, we have to get through the Bar. One step at a time, one day at time. Wish us luck; we are about to jump on the ride of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment