Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bachelorette Weekend!

Y'all! I don't know if these words will even do justice to the weekend Lauren, Whitney and I had!!!! It is so rare when just the three of us can get together. Unfortunately, the last time we were together was this past winter so we made sure to maximize all the time we had together. When we do get together the conversation never stops and we never stop eating and we did plenty of eating this weekend!

When the girls arrived we started talking and didn't even sit down. We carried on a whole conversation in the hallway. I will admit that I had a little cry. Lauren asked me how I was feeling and the tears welled up and just wouldn't stop. Again it isn't because I am nervous about the wedding; I am just
so sad to leave Teak and Mom. There is something therapeutic to crying to your best friend. You don't have to explain yourself and they let you get all the cryin' out. After wiping away every bit of my concealer and pulling myself together, we decided to go to lunch.

We ate at Saul Good since I had a gift card and sat and talked and got caught on with everyone. After lunch we returned to Teak's and had a cupcake. The girls bought lemon with raspberry filling cupcakes. They had pink frosting with glitter and were called pucker up! They were delicious. I resisted having two in one sitting. After our afternoon dessert, we ventured to Apple Nails to get mani's/Pedi's.

Now listen, I used to go to Amy at #1 Nail for almost 2 years. Girlfriend and I were close and saw each other once a month. I never went anywhere else. I love Amy but let me tell you that Apple Nails was phenomenal. We sat in the massaging chairs and were offered water; then they massaged, lotioned, scrubbed, painted, and pampered us! We had the best time. Bless it but Lauren had NEVER had a mani or pedi. Child was in Heaven! I think there came a moment when neither of us said a word. We were so relaxed and what girl doesn't like a little pampering?

After we were completely dried and feeling like Jell-O, we made our way back to Teak's and visited with her. We didn't have much down time before our appointment at Phil Dunn's cooking school. Y'all, I can pin recipes all day long on Pinterest and thumb through Taste of Home all day. I can talk a good talk but I have very little kitchen experience. I scare Jace when I slice something. He can't even look! So I thought the cooking class would be fun and educational. Now what bride says they want an educational bachelorette party? This girl! Y'all!!!!!!!! We had the absolute best time!

Phil's cooking school is located in a kitchen and bath store. Whit, Lauren, and I drooled over the beautiful cabinets, hardware, sinks, tile, granite, and hidden nooks in the cabinetry. Phil had everything set up for us, we put on our aprons, and got to work. We poured ourselves a glass of wine and let Phil tell us the menu. For appetizers, we had tiropites which is feta cheese mixed with egg yolk wrapped in filo dough. Then we had a ceasar salad with freshly made ceasar dressing. Our main course was chicken piccata and a gruyere cheese soufflé. We finished the evening with crème brulee. My belly was hurting by the time we left. Everything was so good and fresh. Phil made everything look so easy and he gave some of the greatest tips (I really needed to write them all down!)

Here are the girls and I using the blow torch!

Phil showing us how to work the blow torch

Caramelizing the sugar

Whit doing her thing

Lauren looks like a pro

Does this not look evil? I was so excited to get that puppy in my hands!

Getting a hang of it

My finished product

My Matrons!

 
After dinner, we ventured through campus for old times sake. The girls hadn't seen all the changes on campus and were amazed just how much had changed in the few years we have been out. Then we went back to Teak's and stayed up until almost midnight talking and laughing. I am so thankful these two married before us because I could ask them all sorts of questions and they were there with answers.
 
These two showered me with love this weekend. I am beyond thankful for these two precious girls. I think all three of us would go back to sophomore year in college, living in Blanding 1, eating at the Commons and relive what if felt like to live just across the hall from one another. Together we have survived school, gotten married, Whitney has had baby and told Lauren and I everything about motherhood, had first jobs, left first jobs, and gone through everyday life together. I only wish we could be together more often but even when life is busy and weeks have gone by, we know each other is a phone call away and we will pick up right where we left off.
 
Whit & Lauren--I love you! Thanks for standing by my side on the biggest day of our lives! See you in 13 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment