Friday, May 31, 2013

Wedding Dress Fitting

Y'all!!!!!!

Today Mom, Teak, and I went to Ruth's Bridal so I could try on my wedding dress. I have never forgot what the dress looks like mainly because I look at pictures from the day I tried it on at least once a month.

The girls at Ruth's Bridal are beyond sweet and helpful. I was helped into the dress, helped into my shoes, had my veil inserted into my hair, and I put my Texas-sized pearl studs; then I turned around and saw myself. The smile was immediate! It was then time to pull the curtain back so Mom and Teak could see me. They thought I was beautiful and Teak gave her approval. All three of us agree that the dress is classic and timeless. I can't wait to finally post a picture of it for y'all!

After getting into the dress, the seamstress came and had to do a little bit of pinning. The straps and bust region needed to be taken in a little. She did a great job pinning and I know she will make the dress fit to a T. I was telling her about the bracelet I bought of the wedding and I brought it with me to try on with the dress. I love the bracelet but it is a little snug. I like to wear my bracelets loose and the seamstress said she could easily fix that and charged me $15 to lengthen it. I just about hugged her neck! I just can't say enough about Ruth's Bridal. The quality and service have been impeccable.

Once I was in the dress and pinned, I didn't want to get out of it. The girls politely told me they stayed open until 5! I tried to prolong my time in the dress as long as I could! I asked the girls to show Mom how to bustle my dress. Initially we thought something would be sown on the inside but it will be much easier than we expected. They will have two hooks on the outside of train and Mom will easily hook the chapel length train so it won't drag.

Finally, I thought it was time to get out of the dress and let the girls go home after a long week. Seeing the shoes and jewelry with the veil and dress made me fall in love with the dress all over again. I can't wait to see Pink Lou Lou do her magic with hair and makeup. I can't wait to see everything come together. I can't wait for Jace to see me! I can't wait to show y'all the dress! 64 days y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment