Thursday, May 30, 2013

Catch up

Friends! Lots has been going on since my last blog post!

Last Wednesday we hosted our annual face-to-face meeting with our team. There are 21 of us and it is always nice to gather together for a day and plan out the upcoming year. During the meeting, I got to say thank you and goodbye to everyone. When I started this job I was 22, green, and nervous. These people have supported me, encouraged me, and helped me grow as a professional. I still have lots to learn but the MITT team has allowed me to get my feet wet and I know I am a better professional because of them. It was bittersweet and I am thankful I got to say thanks in person.

Last Friday I took the day off for the long weekend and got lots of little things done. The next day,  Ross and Beth picked Teak and I up and together we traveled to Nashville. Once in Nashville, we met up with Ely, Kirsten, Aunt Karen, Sara, and Mom at OpryMills Mall. After a wonderful lunch in the mall, we divided and conquered the stores. We had about 3 hours to shop and I had every intention of making the most out of my time. Because I am a planning bride and have an upcoming move to FL, I haven't allowed myself to shop in a L-O-N-G time. I talk myself out of buying things because I have this overwhelming need to save every penny. Money to me means security, not spontaneity.

I vowed on this trip that I would allow myself to buy a few things and to not feel bad about it. Honey, once I told myself it was ok to buy a few things, to not beat myself up about spending money, or think of what I could be doing with the money, I had a grand ol' time. I honestly forgot how much fun shopping was and it cured my fixed! I walked away with a few things for this summer and the honeymoon. Praise the Lord for outlets!

After the shopping sprint, we head to the Opryland hotel and checked in. After everyone rested and were cleaned up, we took a charter bus to the General Jackson. Mom and Teak had been several years ago, loved it, and wanted to go again. The dinner was good and afterwards, there was live entertainment. I think everyone had a great time and enjoyed themselves.
 
My sweet family minus Jace

The next day we all went back home and enjoyed the remainder of the holiday weekend. Sunday I wasn't worth killing but got my act together on Monday and got stuff done. Teak and I planted a few flowers and I got started addressing wedding invitations. I had put off addressing wedding invitations all last week because I knew it would be time consuming. However, once I got started I had fun. It was almost surreal to be stuffing, addressing, and sealing the invitations. I kept thinking to myself, these are our wedding invitations. I finally finished up with all of them yesterday! I only wish I could be there for when each person opens them up. I hope they like them!

Speaking of wedding things, yesterday Dana booked our flight to San Fran so that was one more thing off the to-do list. Almost everything for the honeymoon is booked!

Tomorrow is a big day! Mom is coming up and her, Teak, and I are going to Ruth's Bridal and I get to try my dress on. I haven't forgotten what it looks like and am ready to see how the shoes and jewelry looked with it.

Saturday, I am running my second 5K. I have NOT trained like I did for the Color Me Rad 5K. In fact I can't tell you the last time I ran. It will be a long 3.1 miles. The 5K is titled Run for the Nun and honey you best believe I will be looking for an extra rosary and be praying the whole time I run.

Dear Lord, please let me breathe.
 
Dear Lord, please let my legs move.
 
Dear Lord, please let the water station be close.
 
Dear Lord, please let me finish what I started!
 
Dear Lord, please don't let me forget that I am NOT a runner.

While I will be running and more importantly praying during my 5K, Jace will be studying. He has started Barbari (Bar exam prep) and seems to be doing well with everything. He listens to a lecture in the morning and the afternoon is filled with practice questions. I think he said that for him to pass the TN Bar, he has to score at least a 69%. That is failing in our book and Jace has never had a grade that low.

Y'all that has been my last week! Each week is only going to get busier/crazier with the wedding quickly approaching. I hope y'all have had a good week and an even better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment