Monday, May 20, 2013

FAQ

I have noticed with our upcoming wedding and move that I am asked several questions. The questions are asked out of love and I don't mind answering. There are lots of changes about to happen and I know some people may want to know what our future holds and why we have done or will make these decisions. So without further ado, here are some common questions Jace and I are asked.

Question: When is the wedding date? Location?

August 3rd in Lexington, KY

Question: Why Lexington?

I have lived in Lexington for 8 years now. This is my home even though Mayfield will always be home, home. I also chose Lexington because my church is here. My time at Crestwood Christian has been wonderful. I have developed a richer relationship with God here and wanted my current minister to marry us. In addition, my mother and aunts got married at Crestwood and Papaw was a Deacon. Teak has been involved with the Disciples Women Ministry for years. It just made sense to choose Crestwood. Also, it is easy to plan a wedding in the town you reside as opposed to one 4 hours away.

Question: Where is the honeymoon?

We are escaping to San Francisco and Monterrey, CA. Jace and his family visited here 5 years ago and he promised me that he would take me there one day. August 4th we fly out and will be gone for a week. We plan on going to Alcatraz, seeing the Red Wood trees, seeing the Full House houses, drink wine and eat our weight in great food.

Question: What about your job?

I will resign and my last day is June 28th. I wanted a full month off before the wedding to finish any last minute details. I also wanted to end on the last day of the fiscal year so it would be easier on the accountant. I am thankful for this job because it has allowed me to see a different side of Cooperative Extension, allowed me to complete my Master's degree, and meet a lot of wonderful people.

Question: Why did we chose to attend University of Florida?

Jace did extensive research on LL.M programs and there are only a handful of schools that offer this degree: NYU, Georgetown, a school in Denver, University of Florida, Alabama, Washington University, SMU in Dallas, and a few others. We looked at two schools seriously: Washington University in St. Louis and University of Florida. For one night we toyed with the idea of going to NYU since it is the #1 school for tax but we realized we would live out of our car since the cost of living is so high. Same thing for Georgetown. I was all for Alabama but it is an online program and if we are going to spend all this money, we thought it would be best to go to an actual school and see professors every day. University of Florida was in the South and this girl wanted to stay in the South. The advantage of WashU is that it is only 3 hours from family. Ultimately we decided to apply to UF and it was the only school he applied to. We put all our eggs in one basket and the good Lord allowed us to be accepted.

Question: What exactly is Jace going to do at the University of Florida? Why isn't he done with school yet? Is Jace ever going to work?

Basically, he is getting a Master's degree in Law. This program is one year but at this point of schooling, what is one more year? We have no kids, no pets, so why not? Yes, Jace will work! In fact, Jace worked 10 months this past year for a tax attorney but resigned to focus on school.

Question: What are you going to do in Florida?

If you ask me, my first response will be I will be a "sugar momma"! In all seriousness, I will work somewhere but I have no clue where. I would love to work at the university and have applied to 3 jobs. I would love to work Monday-Friday, 8-5 but that is also a perfect world. In that perfect world, I have benefits, insurance, and vacation days. However, I am prepared to work anywhere. I am trying to be mentally prepared to not get to come home hardly at all in the next year. We will see what happens.

Question: Are you taking your car to Florida?

At first I wasn't because I am scared to drive that far. I am Miss Daisy and just didn't think I could do it. However, I have to overcome that fear. I was fine to take public transportation but after thinking about it for quite some time, I just couldn't have my freedom taken away.

Question: Where do you want to eventually live?

For the longest time, I wanted to live in Jackson. Jace and I love it there, Jace has made connections there, our friends are there, and we love First Baptist Jackson. However, we know that we will care for aging parents one day. We want to be close to our families and Nashville felt like a natural fit for us. It is close to home but also requires a phone call from Momma's who want to visit :) If we do reside in Nashville, it will be the closet to home I will be in 9 years. 4 years for Jace. It means the world to us to hop in the car and be home in 2 hours.

Question: Where will Jace study for the BAR?

Jace will study for the BAR this summer in Jackson. His apartment is there and he is comfortable studying there. The exam is July 30 and 31st, which is the Tuesday and Wednesday before our wedding. Needless to say it will be a big week for us!

Question: I get this one a lot! Are you going to miss Teak? What will the Teak do without you there?

I can't hardly talk about it. I have lived with Teak for 4 years and have seen her every week for 8 years. We are more than grandmother-granddaughter and it kills me to leave her. However, I know she has raised 3 daughters and she understands that the importance of leaving home. She is in great health and she will stay busy with church activities and bridge. However, that doesn't make it any easier to leave her. I have been the eyes and ears for my Mom and aunts and have helped when I could. I will call frequently and visit as often as I possibly can. I hope I can get all the tears out before I have to leave. I have warned Jace that on the drive to Mayfield from Lexington after our honeymoon I will cry the entire way home and will have snot coming out of my nose. It will be that nasty cry. In the meantime, I try not to think about it. This is also the question I hate the most.

Question: What are you most excited about in terms of moving? Marrying?

As much as I hate to leave Teak, I am excited to be Mrs. Jace Stamper. I am ready to see him each and every day, be in the same time zone & state. I am ready to feel what every day feels like with Jace. I am ready to start living life with the one I love.

I am excited about moving to Gainesville and having our first year of marriage in a new place, completely on our own and learn what exactly its like to live with a boy. After 8 years apart, I am ready to have our first year completely to ourselves.

Question: How are wedding plans coming along?

Things are coming along nicely. My dress is in and Mom and I are picking it up on May 31st. All invitations items are in and I need to address those. Showers are planned and are coming up. We have completed marital counseling and will plan out the ceremony soon. This past weekend when Jace was in KY, I showed him the reception venue, linens, and rentals. He had never seen anything related to the wedding and I was afraid he never would until the day of the wedding. I was so happy to show him everything!

If I didn't answer a question that you have, ask me. There are lots of changes happening in the next 3 months and I know people are curious and care.



No comments:

Post a Comment