Saturday, January 26, 2013

Girls Night!

Friday's forecast wasn't the best. A winter weather advisory was in affect complete with icy roads and a bitter cold temperature. That didn't stop me from traveling to Etown to visit Lauren. I took half a day of vacation, jumped in the car after lunch, and made my way to Etown. The roads weren't bad, traffic was light, and I thought I had escaped winter weather's misery. Everything was going well until I turned onto Lauren's road which was a solid sheet of ice. I had a, "Jesus, take the wheel moment" when my car started swerving towards the stop sign at the end of the road but thankfully didn't hit. Other than that, my drive was easy.

Lauren and I greeted each other with a hug, I dropped my bags down, and we started talking immediately. There was so much I need to tell my best friend. I needed her listening ears, words of wisdom, her experience, her third party perspective; I simply needed my best friend. Without knowing it 3 hours had passed and my soul was already feeling refreshed. Whitney found her way to Lauren's and we made our way to a Mexican restaurant. The restaurant was packed and so loud which made for a fun atmosphere. All three us picked up from the last time we were with one another; we never missed a beat. Dinner was complete when Lauren used her napkin to wipe away the tears from laughing so hard. There were times where I was laughing so hard that I couldn't even look at the girls! Needless to say we were loud but then again the whole restaurant was loud and no one really noticed us.

We headed back to Lauren's house and she had made chocolate chess pie for us which was fabulous. We continued to laugh the night away until it was time for Whitney to make her way back to her sweet baby and husband. I don't know how Lauren and I did it but we kept our heavy eyelids open for several hours longer. Around 11 we crawled into bed.

Thank God for girlfriends. They know what is on your heart before you can tell them, they know the right words to say, make your side hurt from laughing, accept your raw feelings, listen to rambling thoughts, are the best therapy, and refresh your soul. Thank God for Lauren and Whitney! 

No comments:

Post a Comment