Monday, January 7, 2013

Unwavering

Today at work we had a retreat that centered around Jon Gordan's book, The Energy Bus. In a nutshell, the book explains that we are drivers of our bus (our life) and if we have positive energy, enthusiasm, and a focused direction people will want to get on our bus. This concept can be applied to any organization, team, or family. The book was a quick read, enjoyable, and enlightening. There is a workbook that breaks down the ten rules for your energy bus and today in groups we went through each rule. During this exercise we were asked to come up with one word that describes our vision for our life. Within a few seconds, my word struck me and I wanted to share with the group. My word was unwavering.

On my personal energy bus, I want to be unwavering in my love. I want to love with all my heart, love hard, and be thankful for the ones I have to love. I realize I have wedding on the brain 24/7 and am a planning bride but I pray that I can love Jace with an unwavering love that loves at all times and is unconditional. I want to be a wife that he is proud of and he knows that he is loved. I want him to feel my support each day and know that I am always in his corner. I want our relationship to be an example of Christ's love for us. I want to give unwavering love.

I want to be unwavering in my faith. Over Christmas break I told Jace that we should stop making plans. We never planned that he would go to law school in MS, we never imagined we would apply to a tax program at Florida, we never imagined living anywhere else besides Graves County. I have learned through the waiting, particularly the UF application process, that it is silly to make plans. Making our own plans are comforting and let's us feel in control but the thing is, we aren't in control. God is the real one in control and I am slowly learning to rest in this fact. This lesson has been hard and I have to relearn this fact quite often. However, one thing that isn't hard for me to grasp is knowing my Lord and Savior has a greater plan for me, greater than I can dream up or think about. So why worry? Why fret? If I am to be unwavering in my faith, I have to put complete trust in Him and I know he will take care of both Jace and I, our future, and our future careers.

So I pose the question to you--what is your one word vision for your life? Maybe this word will be easier to keep than a New Year's resolution? Maybe you will write this word down and look at it each day and make an effort to live out this word? Maybe this word will get people on your bus?

No comments:

Post a Comment