Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!!

I am a few days late but Happy Year!!! I hope your 2013 is off to a great start! Did you have a good Christmas break?

Christmas break was a wonderful break. It was nice to not set an alarm clock for a week! I stayed busy though. On Christmas Eve, we all celebrated at Teak's. It was so fun with the twins this year. Brantley wasn't feeling too hot but Bo had enough energy for both of them!

Look at those blue eyes!
For me it is not Christmas until we attended Crestwood's Christmas Eve service. We used to attend the 11 PM service but the past two years we have gone to the 7:30 PM. The sanctuary is dimly light and we sing Silent Night for the last song. Everyone in the congregation has a candle and y'all I can barely get through the song because I am overcome with emotion. There is a man from our choir that sings "Sweet Little Jesus Boy" and it takes my breath away. It is after this service that if finally feels like Christmas to me.

On Christmas morning Mom, Ross, and I traveled back to GC. We celebrated Christmas and Mom outdid herself again this year. I finally got my Longchamp purse I have patiently been waiting 6 months for. I started using it that day and can fit everything and the kitchen sink in it! Mom also got me a new GPS; she knew I would need it in FL!!! Jace and I also got a few more kitchen items.

Jace and I on Christmas Evening
I got a real treat from Jace; a whole week to spend together! We stole away to Nashville and stayed at the Opryland Hotel one night. Oh my gosh-it was gorgeous. Upon arrival, they upgraded our room to a balcony room! We have no idea how that happened but we took it! We stayed in the Cascades portion of the hotel and it was wonderful. That night we sat on our balcony and people watched and it was like an indoor beach! We squeezed in some shopping and spent a little Christmas money.

View from our balcony
The stockings had real toys in them!
 
Waterfall in the Cascades
 
The tree had large presents and teddy bars as ornaments
However, no trip home is complete without a few appointments. The time had come for me to get my eyes tested. I knew going into the appointment what the doctor was going to say. I knew my eyes were getting bad when I was having a hard time seeing the ballgame scores on TV. According to the doctor, I am near sighted and my glasses should be in any day now. Honey, I don't own one coach purse but I am going to be rockin' some Coach glasses!

Then I had an appointment with the car repairman. My car hasn't wanted to register how much gas I have in my tank. Don't be jealous but I have a new fuel pump!

As for New Year's Eve, Jace and I went to dinner and rounded out the night watching a House Hunters marathon. I was asleep by 10:30 and was perfectly happy with our night in. As for me, I don't set any resolutions even though it has been fun reading other people's on blogs and Facebook. I want to soak up this year. 2013 will be one heck of ride with Jace graduating law school, wedding showers, preparing for and hopefully surviving the Bar, our wedding and honeymoon, hopefully a move to FL, my brother's wedding plus a ton more, and who knows what else God has planned. I want to soak up every minute and just enjoy life.

2012 also marked my first year of blogging. Thanks for reading and letting me share my thoughts and feelings. Best wishes to you in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment