Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Life Lately

Hi friends, forgive me for not blogging lately. To be honest with you, nothing exciting has happened lately; just every day life. Here are such a few of my observations from this week, my thoughts, and wishes.

Feeling Old and Outdated--This week I am attending Jennifer's class and observing/participating in a financial activity, Money Habitutudes. To be honest with you, I am pumped to go to class. I miss the camaraderie of classmates and learning something new. However, I don't miss the tests or assignments. Monday was the first day I attended and I got to class 10 minutes early with my legal pad and pen ready to go! I went into class, found a seat, and a guy sits down next to me and whips out his Ipad and keyboard to take notes. What happened to pen and paper to take notes? I know a student taking notes on an Ipad shouldn't shock me but as a girl who doesn't own a smartphone or Ipad, I realized I am a technological laggard. Class hadn't even started and I felt old and extremely outdated, at 25.

Glasses--I got my glasses last week and I love them. I can see so clearly now and it is sad how bad my eyes were. I still see the frames and have a mild problem with depth perception, especially when it comes to the stairs. The biggest difference is seeing the scores and ticker on ESPN and street signs. Amazing what clear sight gives you!

Gazelle--I am trying hard to run twice a week in preparation for the Color Me Rad 5K. I run 3.1 miles and honey let me tell you, I am not fast but I try. My goal is just to finish the 5K. When I run on the treadmill I try to run a 12 minute mile. All I want to do is keep up with the time we had to run in high school. Yesterday, it was cold and nasty here, I had sat in meetings almost all day and just wanted to go home. However, I made myself go to the gym. I zoned out and just ran. I was feeling good about my run and wasn't gasping for air like normal. But then this girl who had to be six foot tall or more got on the treadmill next to me. She starting running and y'all she looked like a gazelle. She made running look effortless and enjoyable. I secretly hated and admired her at the same time.

Girls' night--The girls and I are gathering at Lauren's next Friday for girls' night. I truly don't know who needs this time more: Whitney, Brittney, Lauren, or I? I don't know if we are all going to get together to cry, laugh, or rant? Probably a little of each! Gosh, I miss those girls and I need next Friday to hurry up and get here!

UF--STILL.NO.WORD!!!!!!!!! I have accepted this waiting period but that doesn't mean that worry and fear don't creep in my thoughts. Maybe we will hear something by the end of the month-who knows. I will let you know when we find something out. I pray we will be heading to the sunshine state in August.

Hope y'all are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment