Sunday, February 10, 2013

Let's catch up!

Hi friends! I sat down the other night to write and started writing but didn't want to bore you with my every day routine. Some days are just normal days, nothing spectacular.

Though I haven't blogged in over two weeks there has been a few things to happen in this life of mine.

One week ago Mr. Stamper turned 28!!! I still don't know how this can be. I remember his 21st birthday and I feel like we have turned around twice and now someone is close to the big 3-0! Two days later, I turned 26. I may be 26 but I feel like I am still 20. I don't know if it is because I work on campus and am surrounded by undergrads or what. I thought that by 25 I would have life figured out and know what I want. Instead, I am still figuring out life and the more time passes the less I think I know. I hear that all changes later in life and it is ok to be sassy and say what is really on your mind! Does that happen at 27?

We are slowly progressing on Florida living. We are open to any and all apartments that we can find. We have to have a dishwasher, washer, and dryer--those are our sticking points. As well as somewhere that is safe, close to UF, and doesn't have a ton of undergrads living there as well. We search for apartments when we have down time and have found several that are on the short list. We haven't made any decisions yet and we still have time, but once we do decide if will be a huge relief knowing we have a place to lay our heads at night.

In terms of wedding plans, I am trying to knock a few things off the to-do list each week. I got my wedding shoes in this week, I treated myself to a new rain jacket for San Fran, and Aunt Karen and I talked about the menu for the shower. The girls are coming up in two weeks to get fitted for their dresses! I feel like we are making progress and things are coming along. We are less than 6 months away!

I have been in a reading slump for over a year now. I want to read books, opened them up, read a chapter or two and let it set. I can't stand not finishing a book and really do enjoy curling up with a good book. Lauren got me out of my slump when she gave me a gift card to Joseph Beth's for my birthday. The very next day I bought a new devotional and then maybe my new favorite book, The Sparkly Green Earrings. The book is written by blogger, Big Mama. I stumbled upon her blog while reading Kelly's Korner. Y'all I have laughed so hard that I had to take my glasses off and wipe the tears away! It is that good. It is all about motherhood and the trials and joys of raising a child. Even though I am not a mama yet, I yearn to be one (in about five years!) Big Mama is very honest about her experience in motherhood; she describes it in a way that you want to love your babies and hold them close but also lets you feel normal when you want to escape to a hotel room by yourself! It is by far one of the funniest books I have read and I will reread when little Stampers are running around!

Speaking of birthday gifts, Mom got me an Ipod shuffle for my birthday. I had an outdated Ipod from 2005 and it finally died the other day. I wanted to listen to something when I ran and Mom bought it for me. Jace got me $25 in ITunes and Friday night I set out to download songs. Y'all I may be from the generation that can work computers, troubleshoot, and be a technology whiz. But honey, I am the biggest technology laggard there is. Jace Stamper is a close second. It took the better half of the night for me to get the songs onto my Ipod. I might have told Jace that we needed to have a kid so they could figure this out for me! He assured me that I could do it sans kid! I finally figured it out and what a help it was! I had downloaded a few BeyoncĂ© songs and y'all my speed picked up and I thought for a split second, this running deal isn't so bad after all! Here's to hoping that BeyoncĂ© keeps me moving!

Hope y'all are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment