Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

I am a day late but Happy Valentine's Day. I hope everyone felt the love and had a great day.

Jace and I don't make a big fuss about Valentine's Day for several reasons.The main reason why is because we can't physically spend the day together. Plus, yesterday he flew to Kansas City for a Moot Court competition. Since he would be traveling early on Thursday he thought it would be a good idea if I opened my Valentine's Day card from him on Wednesday, so we celebrated on the 13th. The card was perfect and the words (Hallmark's and his) were very sweet. He opened his card earlier in the week--I guess he couldn't wait!

I love flowers but not necessarily on Valentine's Day. One year in undergrad Jace sent me flowers. I had to work the front desk that night and my shift began at 4 PM. When I got off at 8, the flowers had wilted. I knew he had spent a pretty penny for the arrangement and told him to surprise me on a random day with flowers. So now, we just do cards.

Next year will be our first year to actually get to experience Valentine's Day together and I plan on taking out all the stops. I could easily see myself going wild and turning it into Christmas, complete with decorations and lots of little gifts! Oh the ideas I pinned from Pinterest!

Before I left for work, I gave Teak a card and a small box of chocolates. She had given me a chocolate bar that was in the shape of a dollar bill worth 1 billion dollars. This was appropriate for my financial woes earlier on Tuesday. I thought that was the end of our celebration and I was fine with our small gifts. But when I got home yesterday from the gym, she said we should go out to dinner for Valentine's Day! I was excited and flatter that my Valentine wanted to take us out. We went to Ol' Charley's and it was good. I enjoyed sharing a meal out with my Teak. We came home, put on our pj's, and watched Idol. It was a wonderful evening: quiet and simple, but sweet. The Teak is the best!

Hope y'all enjoyed the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment