Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday's fun facts

Today is just a regular Thursday but there are a few fun facts associated with today. Today marks 100 days until our wedding! Crazy! Time is really flying by and I can't believe it. I want it to speed up and slow down at the same time. There are still many logistics to figure out with our move to FL and most days it overwhelms me. I also tear up every time I think about leaving my momma and the Teak. But on the other hand, I can't wait to be Jace's wife and to start our lives together. I am sure there will be many happy and sad tears shed during the next 99 days.

Today is also Jace's last day of classes at Mississippi College School of Law. Where has 3 years gone? How can this be? Three years in MS has made Jace into what I call a MS wimp. He thinks 40 degree weather in February is cold, whereas I am scraping frost from my car in February and thinking 40 degrees is a heat way. Three years has brought other changes in Jace as well. He has longer hair, loves a good bow tie, and isn't afraid of crawfish or an oyster. In three years, he has come into his own and become the "tax guy".

Some days, law school has been three LONG years and other days, these three years feels like we turned around twice and now it is time for graduation. I hated Appellate Advocacy, every Moot Court trial,  late night phone calls from him on his way home that I didn't remember the next day, the stress associated with finals, etc. As much as I hated these tough periods of law school they have been bearable due to the friendships Jace and I have made. They have created joy and fun in some of the most stressful periods of life. It is because of our friends that I secretly wish we could stay in law school just a little bit longer and cherish the thought that all of us are together and no one is moving or having to go work in the "real world" just yet.

The thought of Jace's last day of class at MC makes me reminisce about a trip we took before he started law school. We went to Hilton Head and with his toes in the sand, Jace read "1L of a Ride". One chapter was on relationships. It didn't paint a pretty picture. Basically, it said that if you were in a relationship that chances weren't good for you and your partner because law school is so demanding. If only Jace and I could go back and talk to those two kids on the beach and reassure them that yes, there would be tough times but it will make you stronger and better people. We could have saved ourselves a lot of time that summer because we were both worried to death. We had no idea how demanding it would be on our relationship but thank God we made it through.

So, today is sorta a big deal. I have found myself reflecting on the past, thankful for where we are today, and very much hopeful for our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment