Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wedding Update

One of the greatest blessings Jace has ever given me is at 15 month engagement. We are 3 1/2 months away from the wedding and I have been stress free so far. The beauty of a 15 month engagement is that when I feel like working on wedding stuff, I can. I don't feel pressure to get X amount of things done each week and race against the clock. I go at my own pace and slowly chip away at my to-do list. This week has been one of those weeks that I have worked on the wedding and I must say it has been a busy week!

Tuesday after work I picked up our invitations. They are lovely. When I held the invitation in my hand, I thought to myself "things just got real!" Something about seeing your names in print makes everything surreal. I felt the same way about the Save-the-Date cards. I loved my invitations but what I didn't love was that I didn't receive our lined envelopes, tissue paper, thank you cards, or accommodation cards. Hopefully they will be shipped soon and I can start stuffing and addressing.

Crestwood Christian Church is beautiful! I am using tablecloths to cover the Lord's table which is actually three wood 3 X 3 tables all pushed together. I am breaking up the tables and using two to hold the large flower arrangement and the other table will hold the memory candle and our unity candle. I went to Purdon's Rental and picked up two different sized table cloths and ran to the church to see which one fit better. By now they know me by name at Purdon's and thankfully they have been great to work with.

I also scheduled my trial makeup and hair session with the one and only Pink Lou Lou! Funny side story: I saw her at Target the other weekend. I had on jeans, a UF shirt, and no makeup. That morning I washed all my makeup brushes and went all natural and believe me I need at least some concealer and a touch of mascara each day! We were in the same aisle and I introduced myself looking like a hot mess. I know I turned beet red and was so awestruck at meeting her! She is a huge blogger and girlfriend can do hair and makeup like none other! Anyway, I emailed her and we have a trail date set up and ready to go! I can't wait.

Also this week, I completed the quiz for our marital counseling session. I am so thankful that Jace can come up to Lex and for us to meet in person with Kory. Originally we planned to do this over Google Plus but since Jace will be in town for Jay's wedding, we scheduled our session for the Monday after. This will be the first time Jace has been in Lexington since July 4, 2011! It means alot to me that we can do this in person and not over the computer. We have had to make too many  big decisions over the computer and thankfully this is one where we don't need Internet connection!

I have also listened to a CD my church organist gave me for ideas for the ceremony music. I knew this would be difficult; there are so many songs that I like and I try to envision who will be walking to each one. I will have to get my momma's input on this decision as well as Jace's. Jace and I are driving from MS to KY for Jay's wedding and hopefully after 9 hours in the car we will have a complete ceremony play list.

Last week Jace booked our wedding night hotel so at least that is taken care of and off the to-do list. I feel like we are making lots of progress! I am not stressed and am getting more and more excited. I sorta feel like the tortoise in the story of the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady and just keep chipping away at the to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment