Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Weekend Recap

Last Wednesday I jumped out of bed at 5:15 AM and was excited for the day. After a quick shower and all bathroom accessories packed, I pulled into the airport parking lot on two wheels! You see, I was just two flights away from Jace and was extremely excited to see my boy! After two flights, 1 tram ride to Concourse B, and 1 weighted down suitcase I made it to Jackson, MS. Jace had a graduation meeting that day and told me he would be late in picking me up. But that boy surprised me and met me as soon as I got through the security gate. After a quick hug and kiss, I pracitically sprinted to the car and got vacay started!

Jace surprised me again with two magazines waiting for me at his apartment. He had night class on Wednesday and class on Thursday and wanted to get me something to help pass the time. We visited for a couple hours and then he had to run to class. I tried to be a good spouse in training and fixed dinner while he was at class. We decided to keep it simple and do spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. I could not for the life of me remember when he would get out of class. I remembered that the professor was keeping them later. I thought he was getting out of class at 6:30 but couldn't remember if that was slow time or my time? I decided to air on the side of caution and to go ahead and fix dinner just in case he came home earlier than I thought. I put my noodles on, browned my meatballs, and set the table. While everything was cooking I started looking at my Southern Living magazine and was completely engrossed in the various flowers they were promoting in the issue. Before I knew it my spaghetti sauce was completely cooked down and I ended up using the whole jar for the two of us. I had to put more water in my noodles, which had become the size of my arm because I had boiled them so long! I texted Jace and asked when he was coming home and he replied in 45 MINUTES. Though my intentions were good, I failed at dinner. When he did arrive home, everything was edible and it tasted good but there was just enough sauce for our two plates. Not my best run at dinner but we ate!

Thursday morning meant an early morning class for Jace and I got up with him. After he left I went for a wonderful run in a neighborhood next to his apartment. I haven't ran since the Color Me Rad and need to start running again since I signed up for another 5K. I was not fast and it sure wasn't pretty but I ran. What was pretty was the neighborhood which had a ton of azaleas (white, pink, purple). It felt great outside since a storm was rolling in and I was glad I ran.Thursday afternoon Jace came home and we went to Bo's house to watch the Master's with the guys. By this point, I had cabin fever and was ready to get out and socialize. The guys were intensely watching the Master's and could tell you who previously won. The facts they knew about the Master's was too much for me. Why keep all those statistics in your head? I kept myself occupied with Bo's basset hounds, Charlotte and Murray. I petted on those two babies and entertained myself until Bo's wife came home!

Friday morning I went to school with Jace. I went with him just so I could spend time with him. Let me tell you though, the two of us getting ready in a teeny tiny bathroom was something! He needed the sink to shave, the outlet wouldn't hold the hairdryer plug-in, I had to put my makeup on in the closet (which has a long mirror). We got to school with plenty of time but my hair resembled a bush! I was exhausted by the time I got to school and you really couldn't tell that I worked on my hair or makeup! Start praying for us now when we move to Gainesville!

We went to Criminal Procedure together and the class was interesting. This class isn't really in Jace's transactional law track but he thought it would be helpful for the Bar. He told me they were currently reviewing what they had learned through Law & Order episodes. Turns out the TV shows are wrong most of the time, in terms of the law. What I got out of class was to put stuff in your trunk. It is harder for cops to search your trunk but your glove compartment is free game. Now this is probably completely wrong and Jace will correct me tonight when he reads this but as someone who knows nothing about law, this is what I got out of class. Take it for what it's worth!

After class, Jace and I had a DATE! I can't tell you the last time we had a date, DATE! Lately, when we have seen each other or have gone home we have so much business to discuss: Bar application, apartment hunting, apartment signing, wedding save-the-dates, registering, guest lists, UF information, etc., etc., etc. Don't get me wrong I love seeing Jace and hate that we don't get to see each other more often but we had got bogged down in business and had forgotten just how much fun we have when we are together.

 Jace took me to Two Sisters Kitchen which is in the heart of downtown Jackson and it is true Southern food. We loaded up on fried chicken, corn, green beans, biscuits, and any other starch filled food you and think of. We ate and talked for 2 hours! People this is huge! I can't tell you the last time we visited like that, in person. It was the most gorgeous day, we ate outside, there was a slight breeze, and a guy played his guitar and sang! I couldn't have dreamt a better day. We stayed until closing and both hated to leave. We strolled back to our car hand-in-hand. Yes, it was that perfect and exactly what our souls needed. Thinking about that lunch puts the biggest smile on my face and makes my heart feel full.

Lunch date at Two Sisters
 
Friday afternoon we both noticed something! We got completely burnt from our lunch. The top of my forearms were beet red and a nice pale white underneath. Jace's face was red too! Kentucky hasn't had that great of a Spring nor had I experienced 70 degree weather. By the end of the night I felt like I was on fire and had to apply aloe!

My red arms didn't go too well with my black satin dress for Barrister's Ball! Jace and I got ready and headed to Parlor Market to meet everyone for dinner. There was 12 of us in our party and it was good to see everyone. Vince came out with us and he and Jaced worked together at the tax firm earlier this year. Vince had just received word he passed the Bar and we all congratulated him. Then I  met a guy name Jay who looks just like Sean for the Bachelor! After dinner we headed to the Ball and danced the night away. Jace and I have no dance moves but we have a great time on the dance floor. We danced to everything from "Brown Eyed Girl" to "Shout"! We left at the end of the night when they played "Don't Stop Believin" which is our favorite song. On that high note, we headed home and rolled into bed around 1 AM.

How cute is he?
 
Me, Lane, and Haley
(Barrister's Ball was Circus Theme so don't mind the popcorn in the background)
 
I love how big our smiles are in this pictures
 
The Baxter's and soon-to-be Stamper's

Saturday morning we had a date at our favorite bakery and thank the Lord, I don't live close to that bakery. I could eat their egg, cheese, and bacon biscuit every morning! Saturday afternoon we visited a Cyrus swamp and it was neat. We topped off the day by getting Hooter's wings to go and watched Moneyball. Saturday night, Jace and I had another wonderful conversation. It was heartfelt, pure, and honest. When you are apart and get to have those conversations in person (finally), they mean so much more.

Sunday was the day we had been dreading. It means that I have to pack up and fly back home. But before leaving we went to church and let me tell you the choir took us to church! The message was really good too! I am impressed by First Baptist Jackson and think they are doing wonderful things in that congregation and community.  After a quick lunch, I headed back to my old Kentucky home. It felt good to touch down in God's country but it felt even better to spend a few days with Jace!

No comments:

Post a Comment