Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow Day

Oh this weather! This week has been eventful in the sense that Monday was MLK day, Wednesday was bad weather but that was nothing compared to what we are experiencing today. I am a set-schedule, to-do list kind of girl and when the week is shaken up like this I feel out of sorts. However, when the bad weather hits on a Friday and you get an unexpected 3 day weekend, well honey, bring it on!

Monday both Jace and I had to work and at least for me it was relatively quiet since most people thought we were closed. Tuesday was a normal day but we knew what was looming. Wednesday the first round of bad weather hit and I decided to take a vacation day and not risk tackling the slick roads. Though it was a vacation day from work, it turned into a work day at home with laundry, grocery shopping, and light cleaning. I did manage to squeeze in a nap and it was glorious! Stamper braved the weather and went to work and I proceeded to tell him he was crazy but conditions really did improve by mid-afternoon. Yesterday everyone turned into amateur meteorologists and were giving their own predictions of when the rain and snow would hit. I worked hard yesterday and tried to get everything wrapped up just in case work would be cancelled. The anticipated text arrived this morning at 7 saying work was cancelled and I haven't got out of my robe yet! We are currently on our second pot of coffee and I am taking a l-a-z-y morning! Stamp is working from home remotely today and might even tackle our taxes! Whereas, I will feel productive to get a shower!

On days like today I wish we had Netflix and could do the whole "Netflix and Chill" but instead our TV is glued to the news and probably will be for the rest of the weekend. I do hope to read some of my books from Christmas, give myself a poor man's manicure, and try to fight off the urge to bake something sweet for this weekend! Now if we weren't living the dream in our apartment, Jace and I would be outside playing! The advantage of apartment living: no snow shoveling! The disadvantage of apartment living: parking lot snow angels.

I hope y'all stay warm and more importantly, safe this weekend. To my KY friends, I am thinking of you and inches if not foot or more of snow that greeted you this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment