Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sweet Caroline

And baby makes 4!!! My dear friend, Whitney, welcomed sweet Caroline Elisabeth into this world at 2:22 this morning! Caroline joins big brother Jack and now my friend from college is a momma to two!

When Whitney told me she was pregnant, I didn't quite get what she was telling me. During the time I was wedding planning, Whitney and I were talking one night and she told me that her bridesmaid dress may not fit. I told her, I too, was worried about getting into my wedding dress and wanted it to fit just right. I completely missed what she was indirectly telling me and that is when she told me she was pregnant. From then, I hoped that the baby was healthy, that her pregnancy would be smooth, but maybe, just maybe, there would be a little girl on the way. 

Fast forward to yesterday, which was Caroline's due date, and I texted Whitney to see how she was doing. She replied that they were in fact, at the hospital and that her water broke on Sunday night. We continued texting throughout the day and I made sure to keep Lauren in the loop. Lauren called me when she got off work and started the conversation with, "we're having a BABY!!!!". Clearly, what one of us does, the other two experience it too. I heard from Whitney regularly from 1-3 PM but then the texts stopped and I knew it must be show time.

This morning I woke to two beautiful pictures of a little girl that looks just like her brother and a tired but glowing momma, with daddy right beside her. Whit--I'm so proud of you and wish I could hop on a plane and see you and sweet Caroline. Thanks for paving the way on motherhood because Lord knows I am going to have a ton of questions when our time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment