Sunday, January 26, 2014

Blog Award

Last Thursday night, Hope from Taste & See, messaged me on Facebook and asked if I had ever been nominated for the Liebster Award? I said no and had to Google what the award was for. The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers and is a way for others to know more about you and your blog.


I was so flattered that Hope thought of me for this award and the beauty of this award is that you pass it on to other bloggers. The rules for the award are pretty simple: list 11 facts about yourself and then answer questions from the person who nominated you.

Here are 11 facts about me:

1. I prefer a breakfast date over a dinner date with Jace.

2. I am addicted to candy crush. If Jace hears, "tasty" one more time he may scream!

3. I consider both Lexington and Mayfield as "home".

4. A sappy commercial can make me cry.

5. I secretly like doing laundry. I like knowing everything is clean.

6. I show my love through cooking.

7. I love my accent and am not ashamed by it.

8. I print my blog into a book each year as a way to remember what happened.

9. Teak's macaroni and cheese is my comfort food.

10. Christmas Eve service is my favorite service of the year.

11. I don't like collard greens, okra, cast iron cornbread, or grits. As a Southerner, this hurts my heart to admit.


11 Questions from Hope:


1. What verse or quote has been really impacting you lately? 
 
Jeremiah 29:11:  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 
Matthew 11:28-30: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
 
Jace's job search is just that...a search. These two verses remind me that though we don't know what the future holds, He has a mighty big plan and will relive us of this burden. Our hope is found within Him.
 
2. What hymn is your favorite?
 
I don't think I can narrow down to just one. I love "Leaning on the Ever-Lasting Arms". I adore the song sung at our wedding, "Give me Jesus". I love any hymn that has a fast tempo and after you sing it, you think, "now that song just took me to church and back!"

Funny side story about hymns: when Kory, the minster at Crestwood, first started the job, meetings were set up for congregation members to meet at someone's house and have a more intimate, get-to-know you meeting with Kory. Kory asked questions and heard from the congregation, first-hand, what their concerns, expectations, and joys were about the church. One question he asked was what is your favorite hymn? My Aunt Mitz, Teak, and I attended the meeting and as each person said what their favorite hymn was Aunt Mitz and I would nod in agreement. We would think of a hymn and then someone before us would say it and basically steal our answer! At the end of the meeting, we realized just how many hymns we love and I can't help but think of my Aunt Mitz when answering this question!
 
3. If you had a farm, what animals would you have on it?
 
I would have two pot-belly pigs. Their names would be Dwayne and Priscilla. I don't know why I want pot-belly pigs but I think it would be hilarious to stand on my back porch, in my country accent, and scream their names!
 
4. Who would you love to meet over coffee/sweet tea?
 
I'm going to break this question down into fantasy and reality meetings. I would love to sip a glass of sweet tea with bloggers, Big Mama, Boo Mama, Ree, and Kelly. I read their blogs every day and they crack me up. Big Mama lives in TX and is a wonderful writer. I would eat everything Ree cooks and play with Charlie and Walter, her dogs. I would ask Big Mama to tell me everything she knows about football and living in AL. I would listen to Kelly's wisdom.
 
But in reality, I would love to see Lauren and Whitney. We would swap out the sweet tea for margaritas and solve the world's problems while devouring chips, salsa, and guacamole.
 
5. What color do you find most in your closet?
 
My closet is color coded and I feel like their is an equal amount of the rainbow represented. However, if I had to say one color it would be black (just like my momma's closet)
 
6. What fruits/vegetables/herbs would you plant in a garden?
 
I would plant tomatoes, potatoes, corn, green beans, sugar snap peas, cilantro, and basil and probably all of it would die because I have never planted a garden before.
 
7. What is your favorite book?
 
I love Nicholas Sparks and Emily Giffin books. However, one that stole my heart was Big Mama's book, Sparkly Green Earring. It is about a mother's love and made me laugh and cry. She has a new book (The Antelope in the Living Room) coming out in February and I can't wait to read it.
 
8. Where is your favorite place you've traveled?
 
Hilton Head Island, Palmetto Dunes. Hands down this is my slice of Heaven. It's family friendly but isn't commercial. The pace is slow and the day is long. To me, there is nothing more spiritual than the beach. My goal is to own a beach house there so my future grandkids and I can go to the beach together.
 
Another contender is San Francisco. The city is amazing, the weather is beautiful, and the ocean is so blue. It will always be a favorite of mine because that is where we honeymooned. I guess you can say I left my heart in San Francisco.  
 
9. What are you most thankful for right now?
 
Several things:
 
Me and my family's health.
 
Dear friends who are unbelievably supportive, even when we are states apart.
 
That some decisions are not up to me to make; they are up to God and I am here to live out His will.
 
Our marriage--I never knew life could be this much fun.
 
As always, the Teak!
 
10. What is your go-to recipe for supper?
 
Chicken Lime Tacos (made in the crockpot!)
 
11. What is your top reason for blogging?
 
I  thought I was absolutely crazy when I started blogging in 2012 but it has turned into a wonderful pastime that I greatly enjoy. I knew 2012 was going to be a crazy year and I wanted to have a way to remember everything. It turns out, every year since then has been crazy and I wanted a way to document all the changes, transitions, joys, and celebrations. Mostly, I blog as a way to keep in touch with friends and family back home. I also blog so my voice can be heard. At the end of the day I want to remember life in my word's, and not just through pictures.

Thank you Hope for gracing me with this award! Now, I get to pay it forward and would like to nominate the following blogs with the Liebster Award:

Sanda, at A Fisherman and His Wife
Devan, at The Super Messy Supermommy
Carilynn, at A Patchwork Life

Ladies, your questions are:

1. What is your favorite meal?
2. What is your biggest fear?
3. What is your greatest accomplishment?
4. Describe your perfect day.
5. Who do you look up to?
6. What qualities do you look for in a friend?
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
8. How has your blog impacted you?
9. Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?
10. What is your dream job?
11. What is your top reason for blogging?

Can't wait to see your responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment