Thursday, January 23, 2014

January Happenings

Our life is fairly routine and each day is just about the same. However, we have had a few exciting and not so exciting things happen over the last week.

Jace and I were both looking forward to last weekend's holiday and spending some time together. We didn't have big plans for Saturday morning except for a donut run and a long morning drinking coffee in our pajamas. That leisurely morning was thrown out the door when I went to get in my car last Friday and my car didn't start. My battery light had come on the week prior but I thought it was because I hadn't used my car much prior to Christmas, then it sat for two weeks over the holidays.  When it wouldn't shift into gear, I knew it was more than the battery. So I texted Jace my problem and he came home. We proceeded to jump my car three times but no charge would hold. Jace's dad diagnosed the problem for us and said there was a problem with my alternator. Rickey was right. Saturday morning was greeted not with donuts and hot coffee but instead a cold trip to AutoZone. We ran to AutoZone three times on Saturday and found a guy to fix my car. One trip to the ATM later, my car was like new again. Oh the joys of adulthood.

Monday, we decided to take advantage of Florida and traveled to St. Augustine. We visited St. Augustine last Labor Day and enjoyed it but we didn't have time to explore downtown. Monday was a beautiful day and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We had lunch at a restaurant downtown that overlooked the water. We toured around some and enjoyed the day together. We went down to the beach and the water was ice cold but that didn't stop some little kids from playing in it. For us, it was so weird to think we are at the beach in January when we know it is frigid in KY. Monday was a nice reminder that we do live in FL and it has some perks! Sometimes you just have to get away and St. Augustine provided the perfect escape on our MLK holiday.

Monday night, I posted a few pictures of our day and then I got a text from Jason Headrick saying he and the UK Ag Ambassadors were in Gainesville! He invited me to dinner at a pizza place that is well known in Gainesville, Satchel's. It is very unique and quirky to say the least. It was so good to see a familiar face and to hear about UK and Lexington. It was a great night and it was so good to see someone from home.

To top off this week, our friends Kennedy and Elizabeth will be in Gville tomorrow and we are hoping to see them while they are in town. Two visitors in one week is a big deal around here! This week is shaping up to be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment