Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Smile

Have you ever had one of those days where you experienced a range of emotion? I had one yesterday. They suck the energy out of me and I found myself exhausted from the day. I crawled into bed early and was determined to have my humor back in the morning and guess what, I did!

No matter how bad the day has been, there are always things to smile about. I say this in reference to my church's weekly newsletter, the Crest. The Children's coordinator writes a small column each week that updates the congregation on what is happening in the children's ministry. The article talked about how the children had to write down what makes them smile. She ended her article by posing the question to the reader. I thought little about the question when I finished reading the article but at the end of the day, emotionally drained, I reflected on what makes me smile. Below is a small list of things that make me smile:

-My Pup and Big Momma
-Listening to Teak hum a hymn while in the kitchen
-A quiet morning with a cup of coffee
-The feeling after I work out
-McGee's bakery with Jace on Saturday mornings
-Dinner dates with Jace
-Hearing my Mom laugh (you can't miss it)
-Thinking about our future together and not having a clue where we will end up
-Spending time with Whitney and Lauren and pretending we are sophomores in college again
-A good ol' sermon
-Getting on an airplane and going somewhere new
-Live Oak trees with Spanish Moss hanging down

These are just a few of the things that came to my mind. Now I pose the question to you: what makes you smile? No matter how hard your day was, how difficult your situation, you must remember these things because these things keep you going even when you don't want to.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweet girl! I have to share that JT led his church congregation in "Blessed Assurance" on Sunday night. He had called and asked me to come to his church and hear him. I mean he sounded like an angel and I know I must have been about to burst with pride! Not boastful pride, but pure thankfulness that he has the courage to do these things at 5 years of age! To use Heather's words, it was joy unspeakable...and it surely made us all smile BIG!! I'm so glad your sweet spirit allows you to look toward the brighter side of life and know you have so many things to smile about! All my best to you and Jace---vw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki! Blessed Assurance is one of my favorite hymns! I am humming it now as I type. I can't imagine hearing sweet JT sing it. The pride of knowing that his heart has found an everlasting love at age 5 is joy unspeakable. This warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete